Recent content by MarkDIY

1. MarkDIY

"ez-sweat" copper fittings vs. old school sweating

I used some of these on a basement bathroom install about 18 mo. ago and no leaks yet. On some of the fittings, I used a little conventional solder as well just because that's what I'm used to. They're a little more expensive, but on a simple job like a complete bathroom, I think it only cost me...
  2. MarkDIY

sink disposer makes wierd noise

My garbage disposal -- GE brand 1/3 HP -- makes a racket now. A spoon got caught in it and it's never been the same. The performance seems fine grinding up food, but the motor gets really loud and sounds like it's winding out after the disposer starts clearing out. My question is if there's...
  3. MarkDIY

Tighten tub spout

I've installed a new tub spout that screws onto a male adapter. Problem is that when it's fully tight against that side of the tub surround, it's pointing up. Are there any tips on getting this tight against the wall after backing it off 1/2 turn so it points down?
  4. MarkDIY

Install shower arm

What is the best way to install a shower arm? The area is already drywalled with a hole for the arm to attach to the fitting. Can I use a pipe wrench or do I need a strap wrench or something like that? How tight does it need to be? Any other tips on making the connection leak-free are appreciated.
  5. MarkDIY

slow bathtub drain

Water from my whirlpool bath tub drains slowly -- probably due to hair/bath crystals. I've got a twist-and-pull drain plug that is not meant to be removed. The drainpipes are not accessible either. What is the best way to free the clog? Can I remove the overflow and use a snake? Are there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks