Recent content by Mark415

1. Mark415

Galvanized Since Waste Pipe Replacement/Repair

The plumber recommended redoing everything under the sink. All is 50 years old, and none of the shut off valves even turn, so I will probably get him back in a few months and get into the drywall to see what is back there. We might then be able to tap into the stack properly.
  2. Mark415

Thanks again for all of the help in this thread. The plumber cut the corroded galvanized waste line and capped it. He then used a Fernco coupling to attach to the other unused waste line. I know its a quick and short-term fix, but it will buy me time until I see what needs to be done with all of...
  3. Mark415

I am not sure either. My wife got the quote. The guy said "major band-aid repair" and work under slab. How would he know anything about what is going on under the slab if he never even looked behind the drywall? I think maybe he wanted to grab the $199 estimate fee and be done with it so he...
  4. Mark415

I just facetimed with the plumber and showed him the situation. He said 2 hours and he will likely just tap into the unused waste line on the left. Hope it works out.
  5. Mark415

Not sure why I can see the image, but others cannot. I guess I am wondering if I can use the second (right side) drain that has been capped. Could I cap the left waste line (corroded) and tap into the right one that has been capped for at least 16 years (and not corroded). Blue circle is current...
  6. Mark415

Thanks. I have an independent plumber coming in tomorrow so at least I know that the options are.
  7. Mark415

(edit--Galvanized SINK waste pipe...) I am a former flooring contractor/carpenter, so I know my way around a home. Two days ago, I was away for 2 days, and the galvanized waste pipe under the kitchen sink started to leak. My wife called multiple plumbers, and finally got a guy to come out from a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks