Recent content by Mariposuerte

1. Mariposuerte

IPC minimum depth to drain pipe under basement slab

We have done that in Texas frequently as well but my experience is mostly in areas with no inspections. It looks like this is a new requirement in IRC 2015 code...IRC 506.2.2 Base says to use 4" of sand/gravel base course under the slab BUT you can pour slab on native soil if it is well...
  2. Mariposuerte

Thanks all. That is helpful. IRC does require 4" of bedding below the slab but I wasn't sure if that included above the drain pipe since it only covers a 3" wide pipe. I will need to drop the ejector basin around 1-2 inches anyway unless I move it a lot closer to the bathroom (which I could...
  3. Mariposuerte

This is in my basement under that slab which will be around where the footings are...over 5 feet deep which is below frost line so that won't be an issue. Our neighboring county has some code guidelines and that is where I have pulled most of my information. (I will check that) I am running...
  4. Mariposuerte

Well maybe 2013 IRC was not the right year b/c I couldn't find that edition, but I did find 2015 IRC and it basically says the same thing as IPC almost word for word. But I didn't see any requirements for minimum depth below slab for drainage piping. If anyone has any leads, let me know. I...
  5. Mariposuerte

Our cabin build is in Costilla County, Colorado and they just use 2013 IRC. No city or other code required...but CO plumbing code also incorporates IRC and they do the only inspections. I will see if I can find anything in IRC regarding required depth of drain pipe below slab.
  6. Mariposuerte

According to IPC is there a minimum depth to the drain pipe under a basement slab? My Dad told me 4" minimum below the slab but I can't find that in the 2018 code. Anyone know what section IPC requires depth to drain pipe under slab? Thanks! John
  7. Mariposuerte

Drain in Utility Room next to Pressure Tank/Tankless Water Heater?

We will be putting in a tankless on-demand water heater and water supply pressure tank in the utility room in the basement. Should I install a drain in that area leading to the basement ejector basin or can I get by without?
  8. Mariposuerte

Drainage Water Test in Basement pre-slab rough-in

One other question. We will be putting in a tankless on-demand water heater and water supply pressure tank in the utility room in the basement. Should I install a drain in that area leading to the basement ejector basin as well?
  9. Mariposuerte

Good advice. We will go with 2" trap if it fits. The plan is to glue the trap joint connections just prior to tub install to aid in tub drain alignment since that can be tricky. I can put an access panel on the tub wall (opposite side of tub) which would make everything accessible and is...
  10. Mariposuerte

Thanks. My Dad was planning to install a 1 1/2" trap in the BT box to give some play with the connection. I saw in IPC 709.1 we could use 1 1/2" for BT and 1002.5 size of fixture traps says a trap shall not be larger than the drainage pipe to which it discharges. The plan was to put the trap...
  11. Mariposuerte

Take a look at my basement drain and venting plan with the main question being the BT vent. I should be fine with wet venting this through the vent right after the WC? The WC is inline with the main drain 3" line but is offset in the picture for viewing purposes. I know we could get away with...
  12. Mariposuerte

That is what I was thinking but couldn't find much about it online. Since we will just have an excavated area for the basement we can probably get by with a 10 foot extension on the lavatory/utility sink 2" drain line since that will be the highest point of the basement drain section prior to...
  13. Mariposuerte

I am installing the basement drainage rough-in for our cabin in Colorado next week. The basement will have one bathroom group (WC, BT, Vanity) plus a utility sink that will share the vanity drain/vent. This will connect to a sewage ejector basin about 20 feet from the bathroom then will be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks