Recent content by marc4790

1. marc4790

Replacing tub with shower pan

Replacing tub w/ showerpan Thanks Jim. I will check out that posting in the "Liberry" Marc
  2. marc4790

Replacing tub w/ showerpan I have chiseled out the concrete slab to center the drain. That was quite a job.I am ready to remopve the tub P-trap and move the new drain to the center of the shower floor. My questions aare: 1) At what height do I attach the new PVC drain and trap,(I will be using...
  3. marc4790

Tub Replacement w/shower pan Well, I did keep digging and found a 2 inch P-trap with a 1 1/2 inch straight pipe attached via an adapter. I dug out all of the sand around it so I would have room to work.I also drilled and made an access through the slab at the center of the shower stall. I then...
  4. marc4790

Shower Drain Hi Jim et.al. I made a mistake in measuring the drain after I removed the tub. It is actually a 1 1/2 inch that goes straight down into the sand and below the slab. I dug down about 6 inches, but could not find a p-trap. The former owner was a building contractor. Can I safely...
  5. marc4790

Tub Replacement w/shower pan Many thanks for all of your help Jim. marc
  6. marc4790

Tub Replacement w/shower paan Hi Jim and thanks again. I have placed 2 x 12's between the wall studs for both blocking and attachment of the membrane. I plan to use a 6 mil.plastic vapor barrier under the Durock, then tape the seams as you advise. I also want to paint the seams with Red Guard...
  7. marc4790

Tub Replacement w/shower paan OK then Jim. I will do as you advise. As for the Kerdi shower, money is always an issue; I am a minister and do a lot of volunteer work for our elderly poor helping them with home repairs, so I live on very little. This renovation has to be affordable. That is one...
  8. marc4790

Replacing tub w/ showerpan Jim, is it necesaary to move it to the center, (that would mean moving it 3 feet instead of about 4 or 5 inches. Couldn't I just slope the bed to the end of the 33 inch by 56 incht shower stall? That would save a lot of work breaking through the slab, refilling it and...
  9. marc4790

Trap in tub drain Thanks Jim. Should I dig out around the drain to find the trap? I did remove the one and a half section that was attached to the tub via an adapter or reducer from the two inch pipe that comes out of the ground below the slab. I cut the adapter that was glued onto the two inch...
  10. marc4790

Replacing tub w/ showerpan Hi Jimbo, thanks for the reply. The drain is 2 inches. I measured it and bought two 45 degree ells and two inch pipe to bring it out away from the head wall. marc
  11. marc4790

Hello. I have removed the tub and am in the process of constructing walls for a walk-in shower. My plumbing question is: Do I need to install a P-trap to the existing tub drain below the slab or can I safely assume that a trap was installed when the tub was set? The 2 inch pipe seeems to comes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks