Recent content by MAoilTech

1. MAoilTech

LUX TX9000TS Thermostat. Made AC run all night long.

try running ur ac again pull the tstat from its base does it shut off the unit? if so good if not you got a bad issues.
  2. MAoilTech

Frozen Pipes on A/C

DonL nail it just wanna add a restriction in the lines such as plug filter dryer, Txv, Orfice most likely low on ref if so then you have a leak or the unit was not properly charge.
  3. MAoilTech

Water dripping from Mitsubishi Mr. Slim mini split unit

u need to check where the drain is connected to might have a hair line crack or the seal is no good I would replace the whole drain where it connects from the unit hope it helps.
  4. MAoilTech

Mixing valve not working

where about in NH are u from mike take some pics. here a back door to get u in http://www.taco-hvac.com/en/library.html#
  5. MAoilTech

Mixing valve not working

check the wiring http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/IV311.pdf
  6. MAoilTech

Boiler Heating Mystery for you to solve

What is the boiler pressure when it is running?
  7. MAoilTech

New Boiler - pipes keep leaking...help

Sound like the pipe thread die was no good or they do not know how to thread pipe did they use pre-treaded pipe at all if so are they leaking too?
  8. MAoilTech

Various boiler efficiency questions

Before you go ahead and spend your hard earn cash my advice will be replace your boiler it's close to 20 yrs old i'll hate to see if you spend the $$$ then a years or 2 it dies I know how it feel's I live in MA.
  9. MAoilTech

Black Iron Pipe

You dont have to re-pipe go with Plumber #1 as for plumber #2 send him on his way.
  10. MAoilTech

Black Iron Pipe

We Use Blk Mal fittings & pipe, Oxygen in any hydronic heating system is a killer proper installation of the unit can avoid air issues, Copper has a higher heat Conductor rating over blk mal thus we use blk over copper, Headers should always be pipe in Blk limit the lost of BTU's.
  11. MAoilTech

Boiler keeps going off/on, off/on....help!

Some have Pride in what they are doing some do not if your handyman has his oil license all good the issue with non-license oil teck's come's down to insurance this happen to a lady in the town I live in she had non-license guy install a heating unit could not pull permit with no license 3...
  12. MAoilTech

Oil burner shut down problem Help!

Agree's with pete, aquiety, T-stat,Limit Control, or your Primary Control specially if you have R8184G type control (grey box with a red button) Contacts get worn out make the control click on and off rapidly run the unit and give the control few love taps and see if get stuck or shut off and on.
  13. MAoilTech

350? for aqua-stat? I think you mis-read it the tech that came to your house charge you 350 for a cad cell? not for the aqua-stat click link http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=hydrolevel+cut+off&show=dd&sa=N&lnk=next&start=20 Hydrolevel Company 3150
  14. MAoilTech

Oil fired boiler tankless coil problems??

Agree's with peter
  15. MAoilTech

I'm a Master Oil Tech I'm Reading whats going on just adding my 2 cents your aqua stat setting to high (This time got up to about 205 w/15 psi.) @ 30 psi and over your relief valve will let go 212 ur making steam if you have it @ 205 or 200 when your boiler hits that mark it will shut off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks