Recent content by Maniac

1. M

AC Blown Fuses at outdoor disconnect

Thanks Action Dave! I recently was told that there usually are only 1 of 2 fuses on outside AC: 35amp or 60amp. Is that true?
  2. M

Huh? Guess I'm confused. :confused::confused::confused: The minimum circuit amps. is 49.0 and the max fuse amps is 60.0 The margin seems to be 'tween the 2. Where would 60 amps be a safety issue? The AC is working fine now and hasn't blown anymore. So it seems to me that the solution has...
  3. M

Looks like the 60 amp fuses are holding. I'm in Sacramento, CA so now is not a good time to be shopping for a new AC, what with it being 100+. I will probably replace it in the fall. The AC tech also said that our returns were too small and that contributes to an overload. Sam
  4. M

Same problem. I have a similar situation. AC/Heat on the roof. Fuses blow after a couple of hours. Have been replacing fuses with FRN-R-40. But since the original post I see that the min. circuit amps 49.0 and max fuse amps 60.0. Could the reason the fuses are blowing is because they are below...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks