Recent content by MandK

1. MandK

Low water pressure at tub spout

Hi All, 12-months ago I had a plumber retrofit a single-lever shower/tub faucet in our existing bathroom. The faucet replaced an old hot & cold faucet for the tub. Anyhow, over the last six months the water pressure has been gradually decreasing. I'm at the point now where there is not...
  2. MandK

drake II leak at tank bolt

I removed the tank today for a leak test in the garage. The better lighting outside revealed a hairline crack in the bottom of the tank. No test needed. Now I just hope Toto is good on warranty and will replace my tank. Thanks again for the help and the lessons of toilet installation. Marc
  3. MandK

yes, I tightened the bolts gradually and did alternate. The Drake II has 3 contact points. I took the bolts down until they barely touched.
  4. MandK

thanks guys. I will report back once this problem is solved and will share the solution.
  5. MandK

Apparently not. I will call a plumber next time. But, a brief education as to why a tank install is a difficult process would enlighten me.
  6. MandK

Can you briefly explain and enlighten me as to why a tank installation requires more knowledge and experience than your above-average DIY guy? It obviously does or I wouldn't continue to have a leak. I really just would like a lesson why I should have called a plumber instead. no sarcasm.
  7. MandK

I get what you guys are saying, but we're talking about mounting a tank to a bowl and not trying to calibrate high tolerance parts. yes, I'm a DIY guy, but in my opinon should not be this difficult. I'm trying one last time and then asking Toto for a tank replacement under warranty. How...
  8. MandK

Dr. Terry....I'm in trouble again. My Drake II "leak at the tank" saga continues. This will be 4th time taking the tank off to stop a leak. This is a brand new installation. After sanding the bolt holes and tightening the large nut....the leak got WORSE!!! It was dry for a day or two...
  9. MandK

snugged up the large nut, re-sanded the bolt holes and I'm back in business. Nice and dry. thanks to a great forum.
  10. MandK

Thanks Terry. I'll admit that I skipped that step because I simply do not have a wrench big enough. I guess it's time to get one. But, do you think I can re-use the tank bolt rubber washer?
  11. MandK

Hey guys. I have a very slight drip at one of my tank bolts on a Drake II. It was a new install last week. I sanded the inside of the tank at the bolt hole as instructed here. But, I may have not sanded enough and may have tightened the washer too much. I'm going to remove the tank...
  12. MandK

flange externder without a gasket

wow!! I get lucky sometimes. While I never try to get something for nothing they were the ones that mis-tagged the toilet. They corrected the tag after I brought this to their attention. They honored the sale and I went on my way. well, here it is. Thanks everyone for your help.
  13. MandK

Unknown rubber washer with my Drake II (see pic)

OK. Thanks. I'm using braided because I had one in the garage. What does a good looking supply line look like?
  14. MandK

flange externder without a gasket

Toilet is installed. I sealed and bolted the extender down at the notches. I didn't add any screws since I wasnt sure about screwing into cast iron. Local plumbing supply told me not to bother with additional screws. The Drake II has an awesome flush. Thanks to this forum or I would not...
  15. MandK

Unknown rubber washer with my Drake II (see pic)

Hi Again, This came with my Drake II, but have no idea what it's for and it's not shown in the parts list. Only (1) was included. Has anyone seen this?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks