Recent content by mandjknight

1. mandjknight

Sprinkler Pump Wiring

A big thanks for all of the quick replies! What you have described makes perfect sense. I realize now I only needed 10/2 but I had used the 10/3 to run the power from my house out to a separate panel on the side of the shed so I was just using the wire I already had lying around...
  2. mandjknight

Sprinkler Pump Wiring

Hi Everybody, I've got a dumb question. I'm hooking up a Craftsman 2 HP Lawn Sprinkler Pump. I've got everything dry fit and ready to go but I'm kind of confused on the electrical connection. It requires it's own 230 Volt connection. I've got the right type of wire and dedicated circuit...
  3. mandjknight

Removing broken bath drain

OK....a week ago I posted a note regarding my issues with getting a new tub drain to seal. That thread is listed here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5468 I got a lot of great responses and realized that despite the issues I was having with the puddy oozing out, the cause...
  4. mandjknight

Can't get Bathtub drain to seal

I think I understand your point. To test your theory, couldn't I just thread in the strainer into the shoe without any putty (using the rubber gasket on the underside) and see if doesn't leak? The problem is that it is not leaking into the drain. It is leaking out on to the cement floor...
  5. mandjknight

I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding your suggestion. Let my try and re-state and you tell me if I'm getting it right. You first put a rope of putty around the underside of the lip on the chrome strainer (as in my picture above). You then push this down through the hole in the...
  6. mandjknight

First of all....thanks to all of you for the many responses. I've used varying amounts of puddy. The problem seems to be that when I use a liberal amount, it oozes out between the strainer and the rubber gasket and then the gasket doesn't seal against the bottom of the tub and that is...
  7. mandjknight

I'm installing a new bathtub in my basement and having a very difficult time getting the tub drain to seal. It is just a standard 5' x 30" white bathtub (Aqua Glass brand). It is a newer home (2 years old). I had to slightly move the drain in the slab to accommodate the new tub and framed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks