Recent content by ManCave

1. ManCave

Adding Second Sink to Vanity

Thanks for your responses! Our master bath, which we had two sinks put in during construction, was plumbed almost exactly like Terry's second photo using 1.5" ABS. Which is why I assumed a second sink could be added to this setup. So if I flip the santee on the vent in my first proposed layout...
  2. ManCave

Adding Second Sink to Vanity

Hi Everyone. I am looking to add a second sink to my kid's double vanity that currently only has one sink (stupid decision not to just pay for it while the house was being built, I know). Anyway, here are some pics I took while the house was being built. I believe I have a single 1.5” ABS...
  3. ManCave

Finished Wall Against Cinder Block in Basement?

Ahh, found it. My (orange) store doesn't carry it so it wasn't showing up in my searches. Good thing is other stores in town do. I will check it out. Thanks!
  4. ManCave

That was another question I meant to ask you. Can I use fan-fold XPS behind drywall? I think I might go that route then. I can probably give up the 1/4" for peace of mind. Covering up the cinder block will make my wife very happy. Thanks! EDIT, ok it looks like finding UNPERFORATED XPS...
  5. ManCave

I haven't tried taping any plastic on the wall yet. Does it have to be 6-mil? I think I have some thinner stuff around the house... I did finally get my hands on an IR thermometer. It was about 25 degrees outside this morning. The coldest it has gotten for about a month. I took some...
  6. ManCave

Ok, this is probably out of my skill level and out of my budget... Given everything you've heard would I be ok gluing/screwing drywall or even Georgia Pacific's DensShield or DensArmor tilebacker to get away from paper faces? The tile backer is more readily available in my area, but seems to...
  7. ManCave

Yes, the wall on the left of the stairs is under the garage. It is also the side of the garage that is shared with the house. It should also have R-5 Warm N Dry insulation board on the exterior from the Tremco water proofing that the builder installed. The garage is mostly insulated. I still...
  8. ManCave

Thanks for the reply guys. Dana, thanks to your advice a few years ago I have 1.5" EPS against the walls everywhere in the basement with unfaced R13 in the stud bays. I've got 1" XPS on the floor. Plus 2 inches of XPS on the rim joists and sealed the edges. So I think I'm good everywhere...
  9. ManCave

I am finishing my basement and have an issue I'm not sure how to tackle. The one side of my basement stairs is right up against the cinder block wall. This leaves me no room for furring strips and drywall as that would be as wide as my stair stringer and leave no room for baseboards down the...
  10. ManCave

Basement Finish Flooring Questions

Thanks for the info, Dana! As always, you are very helpful.
  11. ManCave

Basement Finish Flooring Questions

I am finally getting to finish flooring on my basement project and I had a few quick questions. First some background. I have 1" XPS insulation against the concrete floor with 5/8" OSB on top of that. Half of the space will be laminate or cork flooring and the other half will be carpet. I...
  12. ManCave

Condensation Buildup - Basement

I am slowly finishing my basement and while working on it the last few days I noticed condensation building up on the gas line and the PVC intake pipe for the furnace. There is enough there that it is dripping on the floor pretty regularly. Tonight I also noticed the main electrical line...
  13. ManCave

Basement HVAC Questions

I am finishing my basement and am wondering how many supplies and returns I should put in the finished space. The finished area of the basement is about 14’ x 35’ ( about 490 sq ft, just under 4000 cubic feet). It’s a pretty well insulated space and I’m not even done insulating yet. I...
  14. ManCave

HVAC Duct Insulation

Thanks, Dana. Should the polyisocyanurate have foil on both sides or is just one ok?
  15. ManCave

HVAC Duct Insulation

Thanks again for your help Dana! Ducts are used for both heating and cooling. I have sealed all the joints as best I can. So you're saying I'm ok using regular foil faced insulation (whether it is FSK or not)? None of the insulation should get close to any flues and the duct work will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks