Recent content by mailman62

1. mailman62

Apollo crimp ring tool question....

Would like to know if the apollo crimp ring tool can be used with the shark bite brand rings and pex. Thanks
  2. mailman62

Using heat cable on PVC drain????

I ran a 1inch pvc drain pipe off a overhead pump up through attic for a washer (runs straight up from pump into attic then 45 degrees for about 4 ft before angling down to drain area. I'm concerned about freezing ofthe water left in the pipe in the attic of that 4 ft section since it can't drain...
  3. mailman62

Venting a saniswift pump...

Looking to move a washer from kitchen to garage and house is on slab. Would use a saniswift pump up to attic Andover to where the drain pipe is now for washer in kitchen. . About a 15 ft distance. Would a vent out the roof be recommended? If so location of vent? I'm thinking straight up and out...
  4. mailman62

Washing machine supply lines in attic?

If I do find a way to route water lines to garage and insulate from freezing should I worry about drain pipe being run in attic in regards to the winter? Thks
  5. mailman62

I was afraid of that, really wanted to get washer out of kitchen. Will have to rethink it I suppose. Thks
  6. mailman62

thinking of moving washing machine to garage. House on slab. Would install some heat for garage for winter months here in New England. But if I were to run water supply lines and drain pipes through attic. Good or bad idea?
  7. mailman62

Shower drain loud gurgling as it drains....

finished up with a shower install and the drain works fine but is louder than id like it to be , used 2 inch pvc , has a p trap and vent is at proper distance and vented out roof, is there any way to make it a bit quieter as it drains
  8. mailman62

Tying PVC to cast iron question...

sure that makes sense on the possible sag on the rubber coupling, with the rubber donut is it as simple as just inserting in ci then inserting pvc , nothing else ?
  9. mailman62

ok i have a choice of either cutting the small sec of cast iron pipe and using 2 shielded couplers , or using 1 shielded coupler on one end and run the pvc to the next cast iron joint, question is the rubber seal that goes into that , how does it seal ? seeing that there are no bands to it like...
  10. mailman62

Planning on connecting to 4 in cast iron , what type of coupler would be best, can I use a 4in rubber coupler , or a no hub coupler which has the metal shield around it, this would be located in a crawl space
  11. mailman62

4 inch or 3 inch pipe?

will go with 3in , also what size do you recommend for vent thru roof off of this 3in waste line ,3in or 2in?, live in ri if that matters. thanks
  12. mailman62

4 inch or 3 inch pipe?

planning layout forbath with toilet,sink and shower, connecting waste line to cast iron pipe that looks like 4 inchs, was going to use 4 in pipe to this but is that a overkill or would 3inch pipe be better
  13. mailman62

Will this drain vent layout work...

ok so you would suggest running the shower drain past the toilet and main vent then tie in to main waste line there am I correct. also where would you suggest for cleanouts one just before the toilet where the main waste line would end ? and one up on the shower drain area also ? thanks
  14. mailman62

Will this drain vent layout work...

wanted to bounce this layout plan for new bath off someone ,thinking of changing the pipe from shower to toilet to 3 in and putting the cleanout closer to shower trap ,would that cause me any problems? also what kind of tee would be best at toilet , thanks any help on this would be great.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks