Recent content by Magneto

1. Magneto

How do I get a Plumbing Radiator certified?

Well using the IAPMO is most likely going to be our option. We are currently waiting for a response from them at the moment. I think the object here is to get certifications along with the UPC/UMC codes. Is the ASME something we should look into as well?
  2. Magneto

How do I get a Plumbing Radiator certified?

So a friend of mine is having some issues with a product he has just invested some money in. The radiators is imported from overseas and it seems to be certified for usage in Europe and China. What are the proper steps to take to not only certify the item in the U.S., But to also figure out...
  3. Magneto

BTU Output

Hey everyone I am a little stumped with an answer to a question someone has asked me, hoping someone on this forum could help me out. So the basis of the question is surrounded by radiator btu output at different temperature systems. For example if a radiators is producing a heat output of...
  4. Magneto

Radiator replacements

Well everyone's' opinions differentiate depending on their own personal style and taste. The economic standpoint is also a large factor of making a decision. My opinion is that the world is moving in a new direction, and with that direction come new territory. Old school radiation is soon to be...
  5. Magneto

PEX vs. CPVC...should I find a new plumber?

You guys are absolutely right. The ease of installation is what has people consistently coming back. If done properly and installed by licensed professionals, then there should be no reason that any fault or defects in the system are found. I'm personally not a fan of uponor. For one their PEX...
  6. Magneto

Radiator replacements

So my next question to you is do you approve of these radiators, or would you still suggest a cast iron type for a modern household?
  7. Magneto

Radiator replacements

Seems like your correct about the components. Aluminum body casing with a steel core makes for great thermal inertia for sure, but the big factor for me was the btu output highly exceeding what I thought it would be for an aluminum radiator. Seems these bi-metal radiators are two times more...
  8. Magneto

Heating for homes

Thanks for the solid answers guys and girls. In my community it seems that hydronic radiant heating is pulling away. Followed by conventional gas methods such as ducts, and ductless. It's unbelievable how many people are slowly renovating their homes with PEX for the piping and heating aspect...
  9. Magneto

Heating for homes

Yesterday I had an argument with a buddy of mine and what people are doing for heating nowadays. So to my best available knowledge central heating is growing larger every year, with different variation of how it is done. From Ductless, ventilation, radiant floor heating, and even hydronic...
  10. Magneto

Radiator replacements

Thank you for the well spoken response, great presentation I really appreciate it. I have even seem to found a different type of modern radiator as well. They are also European style like you mentioned, they are made from aluminum and steel, called bi-metal radiators. Seem to have a pretty good...
  11. Magneto

Radiator replacements

Hey so lately customers have been asking me if there is a modern day replacement for their cast iron radiators. I knew this day way would come considering all the money people are shelling out to renovate their households. Seems like cast iron is dying, along with baseboards and other types of...
  12. Magneto

PEX vs. CPVC...should I find a new plumber?

So what your plumber is talking about strictly refers to his paycheck. These people insist on replacing every system with CPVC for a nice paycheck and no other satisfactory reason. They'll claim PEX is horrible, not made in America, faulty material, yet all the facts seem to claim otherwise...
  13. Magneto

Was this tub installed correctly?

That right there looks like a great job. Extremely well done, I've done alot of marble tub installations in the past, and that look is what I go for. Always refreshing to see another good piece of work.
  14. Magneto

Was this tub installed correctly?

I think your right reach4. That seems like the current design and i can't seem to understand who would design a tub like that. I'm honestly at a loss for words about the shape of the interior and how its connected. Im not a designer but i think you could have picked a better tub. Nonetheless it...
  15. Magneto

Budget toilet choice (want a Toto! can't have one)

I had a similar problem about 6 months ago, I was looking for a new toilet and not trying too spend too much. Here's the tricky thing with toilets, as someone else stated above spending the extra few bucks will be well worth it in the near future. You can't go wrong with TOTO, but there are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks