Recent content by MaddieMom6

1. MaddieMom6

We have a weird situation w/ a tub...

can you put the tub at 90 degrees to the wall so you can fill and drain it ...bath the kids and use it for a few months... or will your few months relaly be a few years ( much like my house).... is this the tub you want to use in the remodel?..if not see if you have a habitat for humanity and...
  2. MaddieMom6

Mudding drywall screws (tricky little suckers got you screwed)

I love my tools... I swear it's a sickness... we need a bigger or second air tank at this point.. but I have also been toying with the idea of one of the cordless finish nailers.. but I wonder about the kick compared to the type on the hose. I mean I know the kick on my clipped head framing...
  3. MaddieMom6

Mudding drywall screws (tricky little suckers got you screwed)

:eek: Mikey I should smack you over the head with my new Dewalt nailer, or maybe my nice new ergonomic hammer! The only thing wrong when there is that big of a change from Girlfriend to wife is that you married the wrong woman! Personally my husband and I work together on all projects.. I...
  4. MaddieMom6

How do I know.....

I should be so lucky!!!!... the most dangerous thing we have found so far are the extension cords that were used in the wall as wiring!!!!!!!!... It floors me that we all did not die in a firey blaze! Second runner up would be the fact the they removed the center beam in the basement so...
  5. MaddieMom6

How do I know.....

David I am QUITE sure that some things are not quite right or perhaps the word is "proper" but that does seem to be the theme song of our house. The things we have found have been enough to curl even the most silky straight locks! Just for grins I will tell you one. It seems that the people who...
  6. MaddieMom6

How do I know.....

Ok.. this is a fair game question.. how do I am Mrs. Old-House-Homeowner know when a plumber is right when each one we talk to gives us a differnt option/opinion? I am well aware of my plumbing problems on one side of my house but the other side flows fine, does not get blocked up and just...
  7. MaddieMom6

pexy little pixies

Ok.. sorry,, pex makes me think of pixies and that makes me think of Harry Potter.... anywho!.... I am reading like a mad woman about PEX... but want to know if there are any good plumbing books dedicated to working with pex. If not.. on line stuff that is a must read? And long as I am...
  8. MaddieMom6

Which leads me to another question....

My basment toilet issues lead me to ask about Saniflow systems since I am looking at all my options. I have read quite a bit at their website but need some other imput. Pro's...con's other alternatives????? Maddiemom
  9. MaddieMom6

a black black day....

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.. the over flow came up via the bathrom sink.. to the exent that it filled up.. over flowed and kept going. I pulled up the toilet today to see if that would give me any insight to this mess since the sink is all but on top of the john in this tiny...
  10. MaddieMom6

a black black day....

Rugged, Thanks for your thoughts.. I understand what you are saying but that seems to mean that I would have to give up a basment bathroom. We had really hoped to fix up the basement and throw one of the teens down there ( 5 kids still at home).. I have looked at installing a saniflow system...
  11. MaddieMom6

a black black day....

Hi Mark, I am sorry that I was not more clear.. the kitchen pipe runs down from the first story to the basement and enters a tangle of pipes behind the basement bathroom wall ( which just happens to be ripped open to I can see the whole mess of pipes back there).. it drops in the wall into...
  12. MaddieMom6

a black black day....

Went down to the basement to get a roast out of the freezer and was greeted by a few inches of very murky water with food bits floating it in and I can't even talk about the smell. It seems that the basment sink has been spewing out the back up from our kitchen sink and dishwasher for well over...
  13. MaddieMom6

Where Backerboard meets tub

I beg to differ Ok.. I am sitting here with four tile books in front of me and the John Bridge forum open... they all say that the cement board should come just to and not quite touching the top of the plastic lip. This is also the way they show to do in on the John Bridge site. Now.. I do have...
  14. MaddieMom6

Why is it working?

wow.. really??? Jimbo, That is interesting.. I thought they would not work ( or at least not work well) without a vent. Guess I based that on what I heard and expereince from the time the Chipmunk got wedged and died in our vent for the kitchen plumbing... the damn drain was SO slow and the...
  15. MaddieMom6

Why is it working?

found it :rolleyes: well I found the vent... or what it they put in as a vent.. UGH!.. I found it under the insulation.. or should I say the stub of the pipe... it's been sucking air from the crawl space between the floors of our home ( old home 24 inches between floors. So that is WHY the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks