Recent content by Macska

1. Macska

1939 Shower Plumbing

i've found old style plumbing items at these sites in the past: www.vandykes.com www.antiquehardware.com
  2. Macska

What exactly is the inspector looking for?

This is what my cleanout looks like. It's about a foot or so off the floor.
  3. Macska

fun "do it yourself" pictures

thanks for posting this. :) 24 reminds me of a house I saw with a bathtub & toilet in the middle of the bedroom Do you pros ever just refuse to work on these things because they are just too dangerous-I sure wouldn't even want to flip the circuit breakers on that thing...
  4. Macska

Installing pedestal sink and basic information

The Black and Decker plumbing book has great pictures. I've seen it at HD and Lowes and online at bn.com.
  5. Macska

SaniFlow Product

My grandmother in Europe has one (in a small apartment) and is very pleased with it. Because of her small apartment and the existing plumbing, she didn't really have any other options. I can only report on her experience. Personally, if I had another option, I would avoid them given the...
  6. Macska

Good source for plumbing parts?

There's a plumbing supply house in Jamaica Plain on Washington St., but I just can't seem to remember the name. You can't miss it if you drive by it.
  7. Macska

Bathtub Stinks

Duckie: http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProjectCenter/DocumentView.aspx?DOC_ID=p_2_27_10769_10781_10857.html See the loop under the shower in this picture? That's where water sits to create the seal that the other posters have been talking about. Without the seal, the toxic gases come...
  8. Macska

Basement Bathroom -Cleanout

Is wet venting frowned upon? Would that be because the vent is not always unobstructed? Or is there some other reason. I'm asking a lot of questions tonight cause I just spent all day reading my new book about plumbing. :D
  9. Macska

I seem to missing something here, cause I just can't seem to wrap my head around the explanation. The cleanout in my system looks like this: Y not T I can understand why a T design would not be code, because water flows downhill and Ts are only only for vents, but I'm confused why...
  10. Macska

3" PVC stack into Cast iron cleanout

Edited: HJ, plumguy and Kristi have kindly begun to address my question on another thread. No need to have two threads on the same issue.
  11. Macska

I was just curious why it wouldn't be allowed. I wasn't planning on doing it, I just want to understand why...the more I know the better my work will be in the long run :)
  12. Macska

Basement Bathroom -Cleanout

Just curious: Wouldn't the toilet be close enough to the main stack to use the main stack as its vent??
  13. Macska

What are the exact things that an inspector will check upon viewing the completed plumbing. Will the inspector always require a pressure test for replacement of old pipes?
  14. Macska

3" PVC stack into Cast iron cleanout

Why can't I use the cleanout to connect an auxiliary DWV stack if I install a new cleanout into the new stack so that it can be used to reach both?
  15. Macska

crystal ball needed for old Boston home

It turned out to be a 4". We had flange replacement parts on hand but fortunately did not need them. :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks