Recent content by LynnRowe

1. LynnRowe

Toto toilet 14" adaptor...13.5" drain...math Q!

I had thought the gap using the 12" rough in would be 2.25", so I was surprised at the missing 1/2". I measured from the wall to the back of the tank lid and got 1 3/4". The GC and plumber both measured the drain, without baseboards, at 13.5". The back wall must be 1/2" out of true, which...
  2. LynnRowe

Toto toilet 14" adaptor...13.5" drain...math Q!

Hi all, I purchased a Carolina II Toto with 14" adaptor, as the old apartment drain is 13.5" from center. The plumber argued with me and told me to "settle down" while he "explained" to me that the 12" standard flange would work, with the toilet being 1/2" from the wall. Of course the...
  3. LynnRowe

Concrete fill splashed onto new acrylic tub! How to remove?

Thanks guys, I did the soaked sponge trick and it worked! However...OMG you wanna talk about the WORST tile job EVER??! I am beyond words...! He cut several of my beautiful 3x6" marble tiles to force-fit into a herringbone pattern, and did so with some kind of hand saw, which left crooked...
  4. LynnRowe

Concrete fill splashed onto new acrylic tub! How to remove?

My tiler did a superb job tiling my bathroom today. He also used concrete fill to level the floor to prep for the tiling tomorrow. I noticed tonight when I went to check the tiling that there were light splashes of the fill on the side of my new acrylic bath tub...please tell me this will...
  5. LynnRowe

Water supply not left of center (TOTO toilet) with skirt

Hi all, I'm moving soon(ish) into an older apartment that is under extensive renovations right now. I noticed that the original (gray!) toilet was some 4" away from the wall, and with it gone, measured the flange. Sure enough, it's 14", so I assume the old toilet was for a 10" flange...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks