Recent content by lupe

1. lupe

Where to tap of to connect drain for laundry room

The funny thing is that the inspector requested that the plumber/contractor test the cleanout as per contractor told me. I dont know if it had to be removed after the test. Ok, so the issue here is the cleanout and the horizontial 't" ? Thanks.
  2. lupe

pic of a 4" "y". Can someone post a pic of 4" "y". Thank you..
  3. lupe

passed code I forgot to mention that for the new addition city inspector had inspected the plumbing combo and he passed it. Here is a side pic of the drain combo and my helper take a break. Once again thank you all for you input.
  4. lupe

Ok. the drain combo on pic was placed about 1 1/2 yrs ago after a room addition that contains a shower, toilet and sink. The "t" is 4 inch, then reduce to 3 inch to connect to new addation. The "t" is connected to a cermic pipe or something like that, it not cast iron. Will, it does not...
  5. lupe

I would like to tap into this main drain for a laundry room. Where should I tap into ? Would it be a mistake if I connect to the clean out ? I can unscrew the cap "whatever its called" Pics are provided. Thank You
  6. lupe

Changes of bathroom drain

I had to replace the drain portion on my hallway bahrooms. Can you please advise if its fine the way I have it now ? My concern is if water will leak from the drain where the the cast iron pipe connects to the plasic pipe. Here are the pic's Thank You...
  7. lupe

Copper types

When or where is type "M" or "L" of copper used at ? Thank You...
  8. lupe

Garden value

I would like to tap off the water line from the water heater so that I can add an outside garden value for a water hose. The copper pipe from water heater is 3/4 inch. What size should I use to tap off the 3/4 to add the water hose ?
  9. lupe

Modified Washering machine drain...still overflows

The pitch is about 30 degrees, the length of the pipe to main from cleanout is 3 feet. My last resolution before I start breaking concerate is to lower the p-trap another 6" or lower if code allows so that the standpipe becomes larger to about 34-36". The water has more soapy. Thanks,,
  10. lupe

The standpipe is 28 inches. The bottom of the p-trap is 12 inches. The washer is a new front loader. The overflow is about a 2-3 cups full. The pipe is 2" that goes to the 4" kitchen main. I snake it out, I put pressure water through it and there was no problem. Thanks,,
  11. lupe

larger then 2" standpipe ?

I was wondering if making the standpipe larger the 2" will help eliminate overflow. Maybe 3" of 4 " to hold more water. In what I have read in the paste 2 days it appears that the problem with overflow is that to much water is getting pump into the drain. Any feedback ?
  12. lupe

Thanks for the feedback.. I did the changes that were recommended to me in regards to the drainage to our washing machine. It still overflows when the washing machine is draining. At first I can hear the water flow run smooth, then I can hear the standpipe getting filled and then start...
  13. lupe

laudry room drain issue... please advice

Thanks for all feedback. I did some changes to the drain, however it still overflows slowly when the washer machine is draining its water. At first it sounds that water is flowing fine, then I can hear the standpipe getting filled until it start to overflow. I've posted the first pic, then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks