Recent content by lumberjack

1. lumberjack

Gas leak on control valve unit

The Whirlpool tech told me that it would have been normal to smell a faint amount of gas on the older model heater controls (consistent with what you're saying), but that I should not be smelling any on the new Honeywell controls. I plan to take a close look at the new control when it shows up...
  2. lumberjack

Just got off the phone with Whirlpool support -- they are overnighting me a new gas control valve. Not looking forward to tearing into a new install, but it doesn't look like too much of a project to replace the valve, so hopefully that solves the problem.
  3. lumberjack

I put in a replacement gas water heater recently; the installation went well, and the heater works great. It's a Whirlpool N40S61-403 natural gas model with a Honeywell control unit. I obsessively leak checked all the gas line connections to the heater several times with no issues found...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks