Recent content by Lucky8926

1. Lucky8926

Pre-emergent and over/re-seeding

Best of both worlds! Thanks for the info, i'll definitely have to check this out.
  2. Lucky8926

Durable shade grass

Ok thanks. I'll have to check into thinning out some branches and tilling up the soil to get rid of some roots.
  3. Lucky8926

Hot water siphoning from cold water inlet into cold lines

I would rather get rid of the cross connection. The check valve is adding another component that may fail in the future. Getting rid of the connection fixes the issue for good.
  4. Lucky8926

Makes sense, i'm glad you mentioned this because I definitely would've been frustrated if I went through the trouble of replacing all of that and it wasn't the issue. I've already done that twice by installing a heat trap and then the expansion tank (even though the expansion tank was needed...
  5. Lucky8926

Pre-emergent and over/re-seeding

I would like to overseed and re-seed some areas of my yard and also put down spring pre-emergent for crabgrass and other weeds. I obviously can't do them at the same time and unfortunately in my area (central Illinois) the recommended times to do both of these are the same time period...
  6. Lucky8926

Durable shade grass

I need suggestions on grass to use in my back yard and an area in my front yard that are pretty shady. I have 2 dogs so they like to trample the grass in the back yard and the area by my truck where I get in and out next to my drive is also pretty sparse. Most durable grass such as playground...
  7. Lucky8926

I think this may be the issue. It looks like at one time there was an old "cowboy shower" in the basement where the washer and dryer are now. They capped the spout where the shower head was and below that there was a connecting pipe between the hot/cold lines. There are gate valves there to shut...
  8. Lucky8926

Yes things are staying pressurized. I have a heat trap installed; it's right above the inlet on the water heater, unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. It was the first thing I tried. Will the spring loaded valve effect the incoming water pressure? The hot water travels the full length of...
  9. Lucky8926

Somehow hot water is siphoning out of my water heater from the cold water inlet. I discovered this last summer after I planted grass seed and was watering it in the evening. I went to give my son a bath about 15-20 minutes after I shut the sprinklers off and noticed that there wasn't any hot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks