Recent content by Lucky

1. Lucky

hot water not soft. cold water is soft

so thankfully when the tech got here cold and soft were both 7. he said they had disk 4 and it was set for 22 grains and was using 2.4 lb of salt per recharge and it uses 29 gallons of water per recharge. i think he said every 315 gallons it was to recharge. i forget the exact terminology but...
  2. Lucky

hot is down to 1 today. im sure friday when the guy comes hot will be zero. but still there is the problem of why it went higher the lack of a volume reading on the device is frustrating as i cannot monitor gallons to try to test at the best times
  3. Lucky

captains log star date 2/25 ..hot water tested at 2.
  4. Lucky

wouldnt hot water have constant 21 reading then? plus the line goes from the softener to the HW tank directly with just a split going down to the crawlspace to feed the house.
  5. Lucky

i dont think thats true at all . i dont know what wacky piping people are thinking of. the cold water goes to the tank to be heated and theres a pipe that comes out of the heater and feeds the house. you can see it all in the utility room. very simple. if the unit was setup for 16 and water is...
  6. Lucky

ill let the softner guy test it at the heater if he thinks it's the issue. he will be here end of next week. how could he prove it's the tank anyway? i tested the hot and it went down to 3 yesterday. but theres probably no way to confirm about lower capacity unless i check the cold right...
  7. Lucky

4 grains and plumbing is good. is all in my util room next to my kitchen and its just a pipe out of the heater that feeds the house. no mixing. cold water was 0 when hot water was 4 the day i tested it. 2021 township water report says Average of 252 ppm (14.8 grains per gallon) here are all...
  8. Lucky

never flushed the water heater. this procedure sounded like more than i could do 4.1. Filling the Inner (Domestic Water) Tank • Never use water heater unless inner and outer tanks are completely filled with water. • Inner tank must be completely filled and pressurized before pressurizing outer...
  9. Lucky

got a kinetico installed a year ago. since then hasnt been steady soft water. they came out for the 4th or 5th time a few months ago and figured out the initial setting wasnt right. they actually tested my hard water and set it with a new disk. it has been using MUCH more salt than the past few...
  10. Lucky

Is this fair pricing for Fujitsu mini splits

Got ballpark estimate of 18 to 19K for (12K, 9K, 9K cassette and 7K wall unit Fujitsu) . I believe the one outside unit will be 24 (12 plus 9 unit) and the other will be 18 (9 plus 7 units) . contract is being written up and hopefully early next week ill see it. due to house design the...
  11. Lucky

ShowerGuard from Guardian?

Old thread but I'm wondering what anyone's personal experience is with Showerguard. getting a quote Monday for my 42 inch square shower with 2 walls of glass
  12. Lucky

Sediment filter before or after declorinator? new softener install

so it's undissolved things that make the filter dirty then? would a brown filter be proof enough that the filter should be before the declor? i dont wanna be griping about something that means nothing. but not being a science guy i dont know what is what. just what i believe. so how hard to i...
  13. Lucky

so i actually read the fine print on my receipt. says hardness 16 , tds 111 chlorine 1.1 but i dont remember anyone testing my water when they were here. so unsure where he got those numbers. maybe the installer did it while i wasnt watching lol. is TDS an indicator of how 'dirty' my water...
  14. Lucky

so i've been studying the plumbing...it seems rather difficult, expensive and they likely wouldnt want to replumb the existing setup so all water goes thru the existing pre filter, but wouldnt placing a new prefilter right above the salt tank solve my issue? the line coming up behind the salt...
  15. Lucky

well it does turn brown and cruddy after about a year. i dont know if that means it's 'actionable' or not or needs a filter, but something makes it brown. but truly i dont think theres really anything that could go wrong with the sediment filter. i guess the O ring could leak. so it sounds like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks