Recent content by Lucky Don

1. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

I can be found at: WWW.tecinnovators.com
  2. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Hi DonL. We use all UL listed components and since we are using only one device in our enclosure there is no need for a UL listing at this time. 1 1/2 HP motor max or 30 amps max. Yes, I have a Installation/ Specification sheet available. dweinstein@tecinnovators.com We us e a 4 conductor...
  3. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Added some installation pix in my original post. Thanks
  4. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Here are a couple of typical installation pictures. The Leak Defender is located under the pump drive control box and the leak sensor is on the floor in front of the tank.
  5. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Here are a couple of installation pix
  6. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Added a couple installation pix in my original post
  7. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Yes I have a web site. It's just a start up site and we will be launching a full site in 3 weeks. My companys name is Tec Innovators Water Control Products LLC I can send you some specs and a few other documents if you would like. I can be reached at dweinstein@tecinnovators.com. Site is...
  8. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Hi hj, If the power is out the pump will not operate. I designed the Leak Defender with a DPDT 30amp (clapper type) relay. We use the NC side of the relay in normal running condition. The coil is not actuated till the water sensor sends a signal. Then the power to the well pump is shut off when...
  9. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

]Hi All, I am writing about a leak detection/well water shutoff system I have developed and now manufacturing. I do not use a shutoff valve or any type of computer controls. I use "Old School" over sized parts for endurance and reliability. Today everything is complicated and built with poor...
  10. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Yes, that's a good idea. I found that some people will dam the utility area with a sticky back door seal stuck to the floor about 1/2" high stuck to the floor just to contain the water leak if it's not too large.
  11. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

What happened? Do you have protection now?
  12. Lucky Don

Leak Defender

Hi LLigetfa, Check out the post called "Gas shutoff of HWT if leak drains tank" in the forum Water Heater and Tanks. This topic has a few ideas about the gas shutoff question. Thanks
  13. Lucky Don

Gas shutoff of HWT if leak drains tank

I'm not sure how the probe could sense that there is water around it or not. I would think if all that was in the tank was air, the air temp would rise to a point that the probe/sensor would eventually heat up enough to shut off the burner but it would also cycle on/off till someone shuts it off...
  14. Lucky Don

Gas shutoff of HWT if leak drains tank

Does anyone know or heard of this situation? A gas supplied hot water heater develops a leak in the tank and drains down because the main water supply is off. The heater is heating at the time or a call to heat is in effect. Isn't there a over temp or a override safety system for this? If not...
  15. Lucky Don

Automatic Water Shutoff for Broken Pipe

Is the house supplied with town water or well water?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks