Recent content by lousygolfer

1. L

Cost to install pedestal sink vs. cabinet sink in new construction

Thanks for the input Thanks for your help guys. It looks like the builder, the second time around on trying to justify the cost of this pedestal sink, may be in the actual ballpark on the plumbing costs and I won't make an issue of this one. It's really frustrating dealing with this jerk...
  2. L

The builder is telling me that it will cost him $375 more to pay the plumber to do this upgrade. Presumably if it costs more it will be based on increased time and materials. What I'm asking is if this change will take a plumber 15 minutes more or if it will be two hours more. If the former...
  3. L

I previously had a post about problems with my builder and now I may have a new one. Background: we have contracted to purchase a new 4BR, 3.5 bath home that is under construction, located in the suburbs of a medium-sized Midwestern city. We came in at a point where it is about half built -...
  4. L

Low-end Kohler products - is my builder ripping me off?

As I mentioned, the exterior of this house is essentially completed but it is only rough-framed on the inside, with basic wiring and plumbing lines installed. The builder claims that he has already installed the Kohler fittings so all faucets in the house will need to be Kohler. Is this...
  5. L

Yep, if I was starting from scratch, I'd go with either Moen or Price Pfister, which I have in my current house and prefer to the often grossly overpriced Kohler stuff. I was not the original purchaser of my 15-yr old Moen kitchen faucet but they still sent to me, without any charge, a whole...
  6. L

Here's my situation: two days ago my wife and I had an offer accepted on a house that's about half built - the exterior is mostly done but the interior is only framed out and has basic plumbing and wiring installed. It's a $400k 4 BR, 3.5 bath house in a nice subdivision in the midwest (where...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks