Recent content by loudhornsrule

1. loudhornsrule

electric and well question

Thanks for all the valuable info. Very much appreciated.
  2. loudhornsrule

Thanks waterwelldude. Any ideas what that would cost here in texas.
  3. loudhornsrule

Thanks valveman. Any idea if I can get that in a 1000 foot roll and what it might cost. thanks
  4. loudhornsrule

I have a well that the pump sits near bottom(40 foot down). Its 900 feet from my electric pole to my water well. I need power. No more generators. What size underground wire do I need to run. Gophers are bad, and my pump is 1/2 horsepower 220 10 gpm. thanks in advance Some different...
  5. loudhornsrule

New house water line questions

I am having a new house built(3 bed 2 bath) for a family of 5. Its 800' from my house to the county road rural water line. My question is what is the best water line for me to run myself(meaning price, ease of installation, cost, gopher proof, and size)? I am also running a water line from my...
  6. loudhornsrule

Electrical service wire for well pump -help--- well & elec. Question

Gar, thanks alot. I wont have a house out there, but for the difference I might pull my pump and put in a 220 pump. Looks like it makes a real big difference! Thanks
  7. loudhornsrule

Electrical service wire for well pump -help--- well & elec. Question

Its around 1500' from the electric poles to my well. It will cost me 5.50 a foot to run poles out to it. I have been told it is cheaper to run underground wire. How far and what size are the limits you can run wire? How far can you get underground wire from the poles before it starts losing...
  8. loudhornsrule

Reducing GPM flow from submersible pump.

I am no expert, but my pump would pump more water than the well would recover so I choked it down w/ a ball balve. Been that way awhile , and works fine.
  9. loudhornsrule

New well help?

I have anew well. I am buying a new pump(sub) to pump form 40' . My question is this-I have no electricity so was going to use a generator. What size generator(watts) do I need to run either type of electricity? Might use a 115 or 220 pump , but not sure. Thanks
  10. loudhornsrule

Waterwelldude, I am in north texas. Everyone to the north of me has good wells and west of me. I...

Waterwelldude, I am in north texas. Everyone to the north of me has good wells and west of me. I have several acres, but I have been told there is no water on my side. What do I do? drill test holes, get a witcher? And by the way do you believe in witchers, or if you can look all around a see...
  11. loudhornsrule

DIY Well Shallow Well Gas Auger???

One more thing. There are shallow wells around me, but how do I decide where to dig? Dowse witching? Does it work?Or should I just dig and hope for the best?
  12. loudhornsrule

DIY Well Shallow Well Gas Auger???

Years ago a friend of mine had a shallow well (15-20' static water level)drilled by a guy W/ a gas powered honda auger. I didnt see him do it, but to this day the well still works for watering just fine. Anyone ever seen this done? How Hard is it? I got a gas auger and alot of ambition. What do...
  13. loudhornsrule

Sewer smell in kitchen cabinets

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hose to ice make on back of fridge had a steady drip going in the wall> sometimes it something so simple. Thanks for the input
  14. loudhornsrule

Could you explain that in lahman terms.
  15. loudhornsrule

I dont know how its plumbed. I hope the vent isnt just sitting in my wall. What else could that damb smell be?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks