Recent content by Loocie

1. Loocie

Garbage Disposal Question

That's good to know - cheaper, too. But how does it compare with the Essential model in performance?
  2. Loocie

Thanks Carl. I'll definitely do that. I hope it fits!! Thanks for the help everyone! :D
  3. Loocie

More like 18 years old. You're right - it was installed in the house when it was built (along with the dishwasher . . .) I was just looking at those Evolution models earlier tonight at Lowe's. I'll have to fit that into the budget sometime soon. Thanks for the feedback.
  4. Loocie

Thanks for your reply. I do have a dishwasher hooked up, but there's no leak at the connection. Redwood, funny you should ask - It is a Badger 1. Here's a look:
  5. Loocie

What causes the white powder-like stuff on the outside of a disposal?
  6. Loocie

Black "Soot" on Furnace Filter

Wow - I forgot I posted this! Well, the good news is I'm not dead! No, there is no black soot in the intake chamber. I got a CO detector, and everything checks out fine. Really odd, isn't it?
  7. Loocie

Thanks for replying. My gloves were black after handling the filter.
  8. Loocie

Not visibly, no. I did spray some bleach solution on it already, then put a fan up. But it still has that moldy smell - the siding and framing is still damp, and it's all exposed until the guy gets out here to fix it. I didn't spray the inside of the siding too much, since it was going to...
  9. Loocie

I live in a 1989 manufactured home. The furnace (gas, forced air) is the original unit. I have been pretty good about cleaning the filter regularly (it's a reusable allergy filter) - it's been dirty before, but this time it was completely black. We've been tackling a pilot light issue for...
  10. Loocie

Moen Kitchen Faucet Repair

Replacement is Ceramic disc type Sent in my proof of purchase and got the following reply: Price Pfister values our customers and their satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. We will be replacing your faucet with a new unit at no cost. The replacement unit will be one of our new ceramic...
  11. Loocie

Is this a good thing - or a bad thing? I got a reply from PP today. I had sent them an :mad: email after I installed the replacement cartridge: Thank you for your recent email describing the difficulties you are experiencing with your unit. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate...
  12. Loocie

Regrets I cannot believe this Price Pfister faucet I bought to replace my Moen in March. I mentioned above that I had to replace the diverter after a couple of weeks. Well, a month ago, the handle started falling down if I didn't have it up all the way. SO - - - had to get them to send me a...
  13. Loocie

Well, actually, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. I ended up throwing the Moen in the trash. I didn't buy a Delta, I bought a Price Pfister. I'd been without water in my kitchen for about a week and a half and got fed up. It's been in for about two weeks now. I actually had to replace the...
  14. Loocie

Moen faucet repair Well, I got the new cartridge at Lowe's (the replacement from Moen was sent regular mail from OH to CA, and I didn't want to wait until next week to get it) and installed it. I think I need to turn it around because I now have only cold water (on the hot side :o ). But when...
  15. Loocie

Re: Moen Faucet Thanks for the info. I'm still having trouble getting the screw out of the top of the spout, though . . . As soon as I do :o I'll get a new o-ring! Thanks VERY much for everyone's help (I'll post when I'm done!)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks