Recent content by Lone ranger

1. Lone ranger

Need help/advice regarding oily substance on surface of hot water in basin

Refreshing this thread, since seems to be an issue for a number of people. Probably some houses have the issue but the homeowners don't realize it (yet).
  2. Lone ranger

My heater is a Rheem. The way its mounted,no way to get the anode out without disconnecting the entire water heater and moving it down onto the garage floor. Its that type of mount up on a 12" raised alcove in wall at head of garage with furnace next to it. Not enough clearance to pull anode...
  3. Lone ranger

No. Not yet.

No. Not yet.
  4. Lone ranger

Hi all, I'm the original poster of this topic. Thought the problem was resolved, but last week I had the issue again and upon draining a few gallons from the water heater a whole lot of the black specks were in the bucket the hose was draining into. So I checked the aerators on the faucets in...
  5. Lone ranger

The supply going in and the hot outlet coming off are not flex type if that is what you meant, they're regular copper-- 90 elbows were used and soldered , etc. The whole rig (and house) is only two yrs old, which makes it all the more annoying.
  6. Lone ranger

Not yet. I need to get some copper first. I'm going to have to replace ten of the braided flex lines (double master vanity, two single vanities, and kitchen sink). I'm not looking forward to it. I hate working with compression fittings. Also, I drew samples from the garden tub spigot and...
  7. Lone ranger

Did you have the oily stuff riding the surface of your water, too, or just the black specks?
  8. Lone ranger

Hey you know what though? All the vanity basins as well as the kitchen sink faucet all have the braided stainless steel flex lines going from the fixture to the copper hot and cold lines that are under the basin/sink. The garden tub I can't see if it has flex lines or not since it has tile...
  9. Lone ranger

Nah, the heater has all standard copper as piping on inlet and outlet. Main from street is PVC, it junctions to a copper line after coming up off the crawl space floor. The black specks are fewer but the flux or whatever you can still see riding the surface of the water if you run a basin...
  10. Lone ranger

Does it represent a health hazard? That is my main concern. I spent the better part of this afternoon letting each faucet run hot water for awhile, after letting water heater (temporarily for this afternoon) get the water up to 160 degrees. Figured the hotter I can get the water the...
  11. Lone ranger

Hi all, I'm a new member of this forum. I'm not a plumber or even much of a DIY'er I just consider myself an average homeowner. I'm pretty sure the new house we bought February 2006 has some kind of petroleum based substance in the plumbing pipes that is leeching out mainly on the hot water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks