Recent content by loehrm

1. loehrm

Toilet flange - cast iron and broken lead closet flange

Thanks! I saw that thread earlier. So in looking at it further, the flange is indeed brass. I pried the lead up from around it and the brass flange popped right off. So now, I've got a lead pipe sticking up. The lead had been peened over the brass and about half of that lead that was...
  2. loehrm

Toilet flange - cast iron and broken lead closet flange

Hi, I could use some advice on how to proceed with a current project i'm working on. I had a wobbly toilet. When i pulled it off, I found a cast iron flange that is sitting at a pretty steep angle. Once I scraped off all the wax, i can see lead that is mashed down over the flange as well as...
  3. loehrm

Raising bath/shower valve - sweat or sharkbite

Yes, I will be replacing the valve and will absolutely use copper for the spout. The question really is whats the best way to connect the hot and cold lines to the new valve. I'm afraid I won't be able to drain enough water out to sweat fittings on. Is there any tricks for that?
  4. loehrm

Raising bath/shower valve - sweat or sharkbite

Hi all, I am installing a soaker tub. Since it is higher than the old tub, i need to move the spout and diverter up higher. I've attached a picture of the current plumbing setup. I plan to cut the copper just below the diverter elbows and use PEX for the new connections. I know i could...
  5. loehrm

Bathtub replacement - what to do if overflow not centered over drain

I'm starting a bathroom renovation and have removed the existing alcove skirted fiberglass bathtub. It is 60 x 32. Currently I'm trying to find a replacement tub that I can install. My top contender is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks