Recent content by locus123

1. locus123

Frost free identification... so close, yet so far

Yes, same length. Otherwise identical. That's my last resort if I can't find a fit, yes, but was hoping I didn't have to do that.
  2. locus123

Frost free identification... so close, yet so far

So I have 3x of these 10" frost free units outside. No access inside. Prior owners drywalled the basement and left no access hatches. I've replaced 2x of the interior stems with the interior stem from this Aqua Dynamic. The last unit looks the exact same on the outside, and even has an Aqua...
  3. locus123

See you later, not goodbye!

RIP Terry. I only frequent this forum when I have a plumbing issue, which is (thankfully) not very often. But the advice received from Terry and others was always helpful and appreciated. I didn't know Terry, but it's obvious he genuinely liked helping people. Thanks for everything, and I'm...
  4. locus123

Old Frost Free units... replaceable or SOL?

Posting this for someone else, in case this comes up again. This turned out to be an Aqua Dynamics 10" Frost Free. I bought one at Home Depot, pulled the internals out, and replaced it. Worked great.
  5. locus123

I thought I'd figured it out, but BK products says they always have a BK or M on the side. This has nothing on the sides... just MTCO on the handle. Any ideas? But the internals are very similar to the Multi Turn Standard 10" model. Below is a great document that helps if you have a BK or M...
  6. locus123

We bought a new (older) house. The prior owners installed frost free faucets outside. They're probably 20ish years old. Leaking of course. Inside the house, they've drywalled over where I could access it, so replacing them is a real PITA. This old version doesn't have an anti-siphon on the...
  7. locus123

Brand new solenoid for humidifier - leaking?!?!?

Hooked up a brand new solenoid to my humidifier. Old one was locked up. After installing this one, it's leading where the brass(?) fitting connects to the actual solenoid. This wasn't something I assembled - it was supposed to be a simple "hook water in, hook water out" and done. The...
  8. locus123

Low clearance recessed lights...

Ya, that's what I thought. I was hoping there was a sneaky way to make LED work up there. I know there are some less than 1" deep, but I'm still in trouble with the transformer cause I have nowhere to hide it. OK, no worries, thanks.
  9. locus123

Low clearance recessed lights...

I have low hanging ductwork that is framed in with 1" of clearance (they used metal RC strapping). It's against a wall in an area that needs some lighting. Does such a solution exist where recessed lights are less than 1.5" (0.5" for drywall) deep? Originally I planned on using LED lights...
  10. locus123

Tapping into 4" drain

Thanks Terry - mixed up my horizontal and vertical stacks. Vent needed too....
  11. locus123

Tapping into 4" drain

Thanks guys, I figured as much - I'll start digging. It shouldn't need a vent as the sink will be about 3' away from the drain. To be honest I expected more backlash than that. :)
  12. locus123

Tapping into 4" drain

Is there any kind of special fitting out there for literally tapping into a 4" drain? It's ABS, running in a side wall in the basement, almost completely surrounded by spray foam - there is about 1/3 of the pipe still visible on the top. It runs horizontal on the wall for about 15' right past...
  13. locus123

Plastic vs brass inserts for pex

Does the insert matter for pex? I know the ferrule has to be plastic for pex, but what about the insert? If it matters, this is for a 1/4" poly/pex/plastic line (whatever is standard with a humidifier - not sure if it's pex) running into a 1/2"x1/4" supply stop. The 1/4" side is a...
  14. locus123

Unique icemaker supply stop valve

I tried to take it apart and had no luck - tomorrow I might try a bit harder, but the appliance parts store sells a 5/16"x1/4" push on fitting specifically for fridge lines. I may just put my tail between my legs and go buy it instead before my wife starts physically abusing me. I emailed Dahl...
  15. locus123

Unique icemaker supply stop valve

I am my plumber, and I listened to someone else's advice (which is usually very sound) - hence my predicament. Can't win 'em all.... The appliance store has what I need, and the lesson is well learned. Thanks for the assistance. Yes Redwood, you were right. (I feel like a child, I didn't want...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks