Recent content by LMerriam

1. LMerriam

Should I replace my 53-year old Burnham gas boiler?

Going to keep this boiler in operation for a few years more. Based on the recommendations here I'm thinking to upgrade it with this https://www.grainger.com/product/INTELLICON-Energy-Efficiency-And-Economizing-4HVJ5 rather than an traditional outdoor reset control which is not necessarily...
  2. LMerriam

Thanks very much for the replies. Having started my homework I came across this cautionary note and wondering if it's true in my case? https://www.usboiler.net/what-is-outdoor-reset-control.html "Understand that not all boilers are outdoor reset compatible. Older boilers usually do not have the...
  3. LMerriam

For the record, how big is the house? // 2,400 sq ft, two-story, brick & vinyl siding Full basement, slab on grade, crawlspace or... ? // full basement EDIT: there are three zones on this boiler Replacement windows? (If yes, low-E or no-E?) Storm windows over single panes? // all windows...
  4. LMerriam

Great advice, thank you!
  5. LMerriam

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. Now I've got some homework to do!
  6. LMerriam

Recently moved into a house built in 1967 that has its original Burnham gas boiler. Although it has been regularly maintained when I read that boilers are good for 15-30 years MAXIMUM I thought it would be wise to replace it before next Winter (it gets cold her in Eastern PA and can't imagine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks