Recent content by lloyda

1. L

How do I use a gas pressure tester?

Thank you for your concern. Follow up: After the advice, I did call the second plumbing company I have used since moving down here and the owner sent one of his journeyman plumbers to show me how to do it. Of course the advice was simple: (he showed me how all you do is remove the hex nut...
  2. L

How do I use a gas pressure tester?

Hello all, I pulled a permit to install an new laundry room in my house, need to do a pressure test on the gas line for final, but I am having trouble figuiring out what to do at the meter. Is the hex nut on the house side of the meter a shut off? If yes, do I Shut off the gas at the...
  3. L

ABS to CI Hub with plumbers putty

Thanks for the info Thanks Terry, I had not heard of a donut before. Looked it up on the Internet after your post and found previous posts on your forum about donuts, cannot find a marking for what type pipe it is (sv vs x?) will try sv first. Thanks for your help. Lloyd
  4. L

ABS to CI Hub with plumbers putty

Hello All, I could use some advise on what to do about this connection I have found under my new (used) house. It looks like someone connected the KS drain to the cast iron using plumber's putty to seal the connection. Can I have a plumber use oakum and lead wool to fix this and still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks