Recent content by llmercll

1. llmercll

Dishwasher not draining properly

things went from bad to worse. Now the dishwasher isn't even filling. It seems like the drain is on all the time now. I can't get the machine to fill with water anymore! Maybe I busted the floater. ugh
  2. llmercll

So do you guys think the most likely cause for leak is a bad gasket then? It the water isn't getting too high it can't be the float, so it must be that?
  3. llmercll

Well the dishwasher was always set up that way and didn't have any issues. I played with the float and seems to rise up and down very easily. By my pictures is the water getting too high? Also, when I do a rinse cycle only, it drains perfectly...but when I do a full cycle (which includes...
  4. llmercll

thanks for the replies! I took a few pictures of my dishwasher, during a rinse cycle to show how high the water goes. My float is on the left, I'm not sure what's on the right. model I just ran it again on the rinse cycle. You can see how much it filled up by looking at the high fill picture...
  5. llmercll

My first run was without any detergent, and it still overflowed and didn't drain all the way. The water was VERY hot =( I'm not even testing it with dishes right now though, I just want to find a way to make it drain properly while washing to avoid flooding thanks =)
  6. llmercll

hmm any troubleshooting recommendations? I know where the float is, should I try tapping on it? thanks!
  7. llmercll

Hello, I recently successfully removed my busted garbage disposal and replaced it with pvc pipe. That went well, and was hoping it might have solved my dishwasher draining issue. Unfortunately it did not. There are two problems. the first is that while washing the dishes, the washer fills up...
  8. llmercll

Dead Disposal. Can I remove it?

There are some pictures, everything went very well! No leaks, very fast draining, and the dishwasher seems to be working again! I also didn't get electrocuted or blow any fuses =p thanks everyone here for all the help. It would have never happened without your assistance =)
  9. llmercll

yup but I'm removing the disposal so no need =)
  10. llmercll

Got my parts, going to start the job tomorrow morning! Everything went very smoothly at home depot, and picked up everything I needed for around $30. I noticed that my garbage disposal is actually leaking through the hole the romex runs into!!! very dangerous stuff...I need to take care of this...
  11. llmercll

Thanks a lot Gary, I never even thought about wire size. I will check my romex for any markings and let you know what they are. Only thing is, I thought I was capping each of the wires separately? As capping them together would cause a short circuit?
  12. llmercll

I keep confusing myself by hoping to skip a few simple steps. I will just do what you recommend and remove the switch, then cap the wires and box it out. I'm going to follow this guide http://www.ehow.com/how_7350288_cap-romex-inside-junction-box.html I will of course test the wire with a...
  13. llmercll

Great, I will just remove the romex and use a knockout closure. Won't even bother capping the wires if I don't need to, and I'll leave the switch intact. (please chime in if this is going to burn my house down, but from what I'm hearing it's ok, just not the "clean or professional" method?) And...
  14. llmercll

I'm still confused =( I know that one option is to cap the wires separately, use a knockout closure, and leave them in the switchbox (under the sink in the pictures). But could I also just leave the hot wires connected to the switch? Would that gives the same result and be just as safe? (as...
  15. llmercll

alright thanks =) for curiosity's sake, if i were to wirenut them together and flip the power back on, would that cause sparks/fire/explosion? Also, I was told by an electrician that I could just leave the hot wires connected to the switch. Why do you guys recommend the wirenut method? thanks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks