Recent content by lj973gm

1. lj973gm

Existing 4" through foundation as sleeve for 3" PVC

I know it is a catching thread title that needs greater info to understand the reason for a not so typical question. The 1950's home has a kitchen waste line (sink/dishwasher) which leaves the home in a overhead manner. 4" CI penetrates through the foundation side wall then enters a grease...
  2. lj973gm

Converting Gravity Sewer to Overhead

If the home has a power loss, water is also cut since I am on a well once the pressure in that tank is out. I have a roll up generator for once I would get home. The main full bathroom on the first floor would be routed overhead to ensure there was a usable bathroom would be available in the...
  3. lj973gm

I plan to run a camera to confirm the setup would prove to resolve the problem at hand, no reason to throw money at the problem and only cure 90% of the issue and have a backup still. Thanks for throwing this out there since it could easily get overlooked. There was a drain tile system...
  4. lj973gm

The tune of 20K-30K Whether I tie into my own town or rework the existing sewer an ejector pit and overhead will be needed to ensure backup does not happen again besides the flood control system listed above that would likely cost in the same ballpark. I am looking to know the downside of...
  5. lj973gm

CountryBumkin, a septic is no longer an option due to lot size and the city does not allow them any longer. Lot falls just under an acre after the portion was sold off and I believe a number of years back they stopped allowing new septic and wells. Reach4, I would rather have the work...
  6. lj973gm

This is long winded, but there is not really any other way to state the situation at hand. I am in northern Il and have an odd scenario regarding the sewer setup at my home. Home (1950's) was originally on septic. At a some point and time the original homeowner sold a portion off the land off...
  7. lj973gm

6" valve for sewer shutoff? Gate or ball, PVC or Cast

Sewage at my home ties into a private sewer system which has been troublesome lately and the check valve I have sometimes does not seal off 100%. So I am looking to install a manual shut off valve in the basement of my home just before it exits out the foundation. Original 6" cast iron, plan...
  8. lj973gm

Drain Tile layout and install, Northern IL

Home is a bit of an oddball and was the only one built by the builder in my close area. There is no clay tile on the inside or outside of the home. I have already broken up some areas of the floor inside the home and also dug out a couple of areas outside when I first moved in and was never...
  9. lj973gm

Drain Tile layout and install, Northern IL

Looking to improve on the current homes drainage system. There are two pits currently one with no drain tile just a hole in the bottom and another pit which has about 25 feet for drain tile. Previous homeowner thought the additional pit and limited drain tile would solve the problem. He was a...
  10. lj973gm

Basement Bathtub, one piece, or cast with one piece surround, Brand preferences

Thanks for pointing out my careless typing. The 4" drain is for the shower and the head, you are also correct that there is another head above. There are two different 2" vents that go into the slab. I am guessing one for the head and one for the shower. I wish I had the extra coin and time...
  11. lj973gm

Thank you for your response. Here is some more insight to clear up the vent concern. The house is older construction 1950's. It is for sure 4" cast. It has a main vent 4" for the future tube and toilet within 5 feet of where the tub will be going. From what I have looked into this is up to...
  12. lj973gm

I am going to be installing a bathtub within the next month. I am in a time crunch or else I would just being doing a cast iron tub and tile walls but the wife wants this room done before the baby is due. This is going in the basement. I can clear a 32" wide tub and around 78" of height (left...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks