Recent content by LJ

1. L

Repairing small chips on bathtub

Hello, My run-of-the-mill white bathtub is in very good shape but it has a couple of small areas where the enamel is chipped (chips is approx. 1/4" each.) I purchased something called porcelain ChipFix made by Homax, which is a 2-part epoxy kit. There are instructions on how to apply it, but...
  2. L

Common diverter problem with a twist

Hey, thanks Lancaster! That's exactly what I need -- the model number! I understood your original suggestion, but none of the hardware/plumbing stores could help me because they couldn't id the thing and they didn't carry it in the stores. I thought it was discontinued because even Delta...
  3. L

Well, Delta got back to me and said they don't carry a spout with the 1 1/4" diameter hole. But I don't think he understood that the adapter probably came with the spout! If it's a design that's probably discontinued, maybe I shouldn't spend so much time looking for a replacement and instead...
  4. L

Thanks everyone for confirming that it's a Delta. My local plumbing stores couldn't help much but maybe I just spoke to someone inexperienced. I've emailed Delta my photos and I'm waiting to see if they can tell me if they still make spouts like this. Buying a new one and replacing it would be...
  5. L

I think I found the old thread that you were referring to: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5218&highlight=diverter The solution from that thread seems to be to use heat to loosen the solder, if the adapter was soldered on. I don't know if my adapter is soldered on. I would...
  6. L

Hello, My tub/shower diverter spout is leaking when the shower is on. I know that I need to replace it, but I'm having a difficult time finding a diverter similar to my old one that will fit over the copper pipe that sticks out from the wall. Diverter uses thread connection, lift-gate. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks