Recent content by Lisa99

1. Lisa99

How to repair leak on Armstrong Astro-20BU recirculating pump?

Just noticed that there is a leak on our Armstrong Astro-20BU recirculating pump. Water is seeping around the "screw" on top of the pump. I've googled to see how to repair but can't find anything. Is this something that can be fixed DIY or do I just need to replace the pump. We're in the...
  2. Lisa99

How to move shower drain 2" without increasing the height of the drain

Sorry HJ, just now saw your question. We've already set the shower base so can't take more pictures. What you can't see in the pic is that there is more concrete chipped away around the actual joint. It was far enough back to fully seat the connector between the pipe and the P-Trap. We also...
  3. Lisa99

Thanks for the help! Thanks everyone for your advice. We finished moving the shower drain the needed 2" this morning. Rented a small demo hammer so chipping out the floor took <30 minutes. We're advanced DIYers in several areas but hadn't tackled moving anything in concrete, so this was very...
  4. Lisa99

Thanks for the guidance. Chipping is almost done and the new trap and pipes are bought. Was hoping there was a cool gadget I didn't know about to avoid chipping but it just wasn't to be!
  5. Lisa99

We need to move the shower drain 2" to the right (see picture below) while keeping the moved pipe at the same height (or lower if possible) than it is now. Research on this site indicated the easy way to do this is to use two 45 degree couplers, however the couplers add to the height of the...
  6. Lisa99

Pipes sometimes bang when sprinker system comes on

Yes, it starts when the sprinkler system comes on and bangs continuously until I turn the sprinkler off manually. One thing to be aware of is that each station cycle is only three minutes (requirements of living in the desert - have to water slowly to prevent runoff). So the definition of...
  7. Lisa99

Pipes sometimes bang when sprinker system comes on

Pipes sometimes bang when sprinkler system comes on I've done a search and understand the problem is likely water hammer but am at a loss what is causing it. When the sprinkler system comes on at 3am the pipes in the kitchen sink bang VERY loudly. However, this has just started recently and...
  8. Lisa99

2nd floor bathroom sink backup w/no water source

sorry HJ, I misunderstood. No, there is no sink on the wall behind this sink and there is no plumbing above the 2nd floor. I know if it happens again we may have to call a plumber but I was trying to narrow down some causes. Thanks Lisa
  9. Lisa99

There are two sinks in that bathroom that are on a common water supply but the sink that works wasn't running when the problem sink backed up.
  10. Lisa99

Hi everyone, We're having a plumbing problem that has us stumped. We're in the early stages of remodeling a bath on the second floor. The water supply to the sink we're having a problem with is capped off and the sink has not been used for about three months. Yesterday water started...
  11. Lisa99

Washer/sink rough in question - pics included

After more thought and a lot more research I know why the PVC cross can't be used. I'll be following Terry's picture exactly. Thanks
  12. Lisa99

that leads me to another quick question then. Can the sink and washer trap arms come into a 3" line at the same place using a PVC Cross or must they be stacked using two Ts as you've shown in your picture?
  13. Lisa99

Hi guys, I'm installing a sink in my laundry room and need some input. I've downloaded Terry's picture of a standard washer/laundry sink rough in, but my sink will be about 3 ft to the left of the drain rather than being directly in front of the drain. So my question....and I know this is...
  14. Lisa99

Tube support liner removal in Shark Bite?

In another Shark Bite-related thread, NYplumma says "Remember, if you're using them on copper pipe, take the plastic insert out." The instruction sheet for installing the product says the tube support liner "may" be removed for copper and CPVC. I replaced a mixer valve last weekend and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks