Recent content by lipton80205

1. L

Recommendation On a Propane Tankless Water Heater

Hey Jack, Check the manufactures specs for using PVC. For example: You can use PVC venting on the Rheem Prestige line. However Rinnai's Ulta series you can not use PVC. Since your furnace uses PVC for venting, I am about 99.9% certain you can NOT common vent with your furnace and a condensing...
  2. L

Should I replace tank with Tankless

I don't have any experience with Eternal brand, but I did look at the spec sheet. Guessing you are going to need around 70 degree temperature rise to bring the water to 105 degree. The stated flow rate for the GU145 is a little over 5 GPM on 70 degree temperature rise. So if the tub has a flow...
  3. L

Winterizing Question

I know the post is a little old but I have the same unit installed in my house. You should unplug the unit, shut off the gas and turn off the water supply line. There should be hot and cold drain valves installed, this is used for the yearly maintenance. Open both the hot and cold drain valves...
  4. L

Wide variation in hot water times

Wow 5 minutes! That could be some kind of record. I think smooky right, the sounds like it might be causing some havoc on things. Jadnasha, has a good point about winter, when the ground temp drops, things can get really interesting if the unit wasn't sized right for your home. In some...
  5. L

Help me choose water heater for 6 bedroom house

Since its new construction, I would say go tankless. The install cost is going to be much less then doing a retrofit later on down the road when you have teenagers. Having endless hot water is nice, I have one in my home. Skip past all the glossy brochures and go straight to the flow rate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks