Recent content by Link

1. Link

Is this a main shut off? And if so, how to operate?

Plumber couldn't turn it with the handle, so he had to use a wrench. Good news is the valve worked just fine (except for being very hard to turn). So he was able to replace the valve on my side and he even reworked the lines going to the water heater making them all nice and pretty. I'm glad...
  2. Link

Thanks for the help everyone. I had a hard time finding a plumber who had time to come, almost all were booked 2 weeks out. But I have one that will be here some time tonight who will work for after hours pay. I just didn't feel comfortable messing with it. I sent some pictures to the...
  3. Link

I'm pretty sure you need to lift that handle "up" to "unlock" it. If you look at that arrow its pointing to a round notch. When looking down at that notch it looks like there is a small hole that has a brass rod or something in it. So my thinking is you lift that handle, it pulls the rod out...
  4. Link

This is in a basement and that copper pipe is coming out from the floor. This is right before the meter. What broke is the gate valve just after the meter.
  5. Link

Hello all, I had to install a new water heater, the gate value for the heater broke when I tried to open it, so its like 90% closed. So I need to replace it, no big deal...I thought. I picked up the parts ready to swap it out. I went to turn off the main gate valve just past the meter. And...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks