Recent content by Linda49

1. Linda49

What is the distance on the Aquia 412MF .10 from front to tank?

Hi, Thanks Terry, for adding the link and the picture of the Blooming 1060 bidet seat. I just found out the true dimensions of the Blooming 1060 from a retailer who was kind enough to measure it. It is 15" wide by 21" long. So it will overhang on the sides a bit on the Toto toilets I was...
  2. Linda49

Is Vespin II a Drake II in a skirt?

I'm having second thoughts about buying the Aquia after reading several reviews that claim brushing after use is necessary. On the outside, the Vespin II seems to have everything and more that I was wanting from the Aquia CST412MF.10. (dual flush not being a priority) In addition to the skirt...
  3. Linda49

I found bowl top dimensions for Aquia, Drake II and Aimes Hi, In case anyone else would like to know, I talked to Toto USA tech support. Brian had an Aquia on display and a tape measure. He said the same dimensions apply to the 10" rough-in Auqia. He found that the Aquia bowl was 21 1/2" from...
  4. Linda49

Hi HJ, Yes, you are right about that. Yet I still need the distance behind the seat bolt holes to know if I can use the Blooming bidet seat. Since there is a slot for the bolts on the bidet, I can set the bidet seat whereever I have to. However, whatever adjustment I have to make only works if...
  5. Linda49

Thanks guys for the responses. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, Thatguy, I don't have a proper dimension to subtract to find my answer. The only dimension for the tank that I could subtract from the total length is one from the top of the tank which is the thickest part. I think I need...
  6. Linda49

Hi all, I'm trying to select a bidet seat that won't 'uglify' the stylish curves of the Aquia by sticking out over the edge. The Aquia's bowl top seems quite a bit smaller than most of the bidet seats I've been researching, but the specs I have don't show the total distance between the tank...
  7. Linda49

Hot and warm water taps instead of hot and cold for washer?

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful. Glad to read about the thermostatic mixer and i'm thinking about the three valve idea, geniescience. Jimbo, are you saying that the washer's temp sensor might thwart my plan? Would it actually shut off and wait for the water to cool? I have read that the...
  8. Linda49

Hot and warm water taps instead of hot and cold for washer?

I'm wondering if it would be possible to make the washer's cold water tap warm. Is there a code issue with that? Could a wye be installed that joined both hot and cold before the valve. Is there a mixing valve to warm water that could replace a washer valve? Reason for asking: I am...
  9. Linda49

P-trap issue - Is it possible to switch washing machine and bathroom sink locations?

Hi Jim, Thanks for the suggestion. I doubt that there is enough pipe to add a new toilet drain because the toilet practically sits on the main lateral just inches before it exits the house to the septic tank. The perimeter slab beam has to be just on the toilet's left as well. In addition the...
  10. Linda49

P-trap issue - Is it possible to switch washing machine and bathroom sink locations?

d, My concern about the offset was specific to a washing machine standpipe. Since you said I may not be able to equate hand sink and laundry tub. Then considering the flow being more forceful on a washer drain than a sink drain, I thought maybe I had better ask about putting an offset on a...
  11. Linda49

Hi geniescience, I think I have completed all of your assignments, teach. I've been learning a lot. I have a real grasp on the fact that I know very little about plumbing drains and vents. Great info about the floor drain issue. I think the bathtub drain is in a good location for a floor...
  12. Linda49

Hi geniescience, Thanks. I really appreciate your thought provoking reply and the link. I do understand about the extra p-trap where I was proposing to locate the double sink. I thought that would be a no go. That's the main reason I posted. I like your idea of using it as a shower drain...
  13. Linda49

Thanks Jim and geniescience. I drew up some pictures to help clarify. I've looked at altering my plan to use the the washing machine p-trap for a shower. It might work if there is a tool that can cut a hole around the pipe into the concrete slab deep enough for a drain to settle over it and be...
  14. Linda49

Hi Jimbo, Thanks for your quick answer. We have never had a drain problem. All the plumbing lines are grouped in the center of the house with a centrally located lateral main using shortest possible supply and drain runs. The master bath is the last group before the main goes to the septic...
  15. Linda49

I would like to incorporate the adjacent laundry room into the master bedroom and swap the washer dryer location with the double sink. Both drains are 2" emerging from the concrete slab. However, last night I discovered that the washing machine's P-trap is not really missing but simply hidden...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks