Recent content by LilJonJon

1. LilJonJon

Gas or Electric Tankless?

Thank you, Dana, for the clarification. It was much more helpful and explanatory. jada, sorry if I took it out on you. I'll just give you guys an update before I leave the forum. Hopefully, this helps out anyone else who is trying to decide on a tankless water heater in the future. I...
  2. LilJonJon

Sorry, but this makes me call into question all of your advice because, unfortunately, you seem to be injecting your politics into the discussion when I didn't ask for it. Like if you're telling me not to get a tankless water heater because "fossil fuels are bad for the planet" and then are...
  3. LilJonJon

The plumber had suggested a hybrid tanked water heater, too. Tbh, I haven't looked into that at all, but I told him that I sort of didn't want a tank in my home. To me, that's the biggest benefit of a tankless unit, in addition to the on-demand function, of course. Is that something I should...
  4. LilJonJon

I'm confused. It sounds like you're advising me not to get a tankless water heater then? I mean, I understand that up-front costs are high and it takes a long time before you start recouping money, but I get the feeling you're saying just go with a regular tanked water heater. For example, if...
  5. LilJonJon

Oh, I guess from the spec sheet from fitter, the Bosch is a 9 gpm flow?
  6. LilJonJon

Thanks, everyone. It sounds like everyone is saying that gas is the way to go, so I'll do that. Does anyone know anything about that Bosch unit, like performance or cost? I was thinking about getting a Rheem 9.5 gpm from Home Depot. It's $1300. The problem is the Bosch unit only gives BTU...
  7. LilJonJon

Hi, new to the forum and new to tankless water heaters. I need to replace a tanked water heater and I wanted to upgrade to a tankless water heater. The details of the current setup are: I live in an area where the water is colder (in Pennsylvania), the tanked water heater is electric, but I do...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks