Recent content by lihp

1. lihp

Pressure tank question

I haven't seen the duramac tanks at the big box stores but the replacement tank I got on short notice is a well saver bought from a big box. I'm going to use this one till it fails. In the meantime I'm going to find a supplier of quality tanks in the area. The csv valve looks interesting too. I...
  2. lihp

Pressure tank question

You're a genius. Sure enough I drained the water, checked air peressure which jumped over 5lbs since adjusted, disconnected the tank and turned on it's side, released some air and water squirted out. Installed new tank and all problems are solved. Now to figure out why the tanks are failing...
  3. lihp

Pressure tank question

I'll drain all the air tonight and see if water comes out. Assuming that the bladder has failed yet again what could be the possible causes. If it has failed again this will be the second failure in two years and it's getting old. Thanks
  4. lihp

Pressure tank question

I did drain the pressure tank and it had 70 lbs of air in it. No water came out of the valve stem. I adjusted the air pressure down to 38 lbs and adjusted the pressure switch to 40/60. I'm going to recheck the air pressure in a week and make sure that it stays at 38 and doesn't climb higher...
  5. lihp

Pressure tank question

Hopefully this will be a simple question to answer... About a week ago I started noticing the water pulsing when we used it. Last year we had a pressure tank fail with close to the same but more noticeable symptoms so I figured that I'd check the tank first. Here is what I found. Tapping the...
  6. lihp

Fleck 5600SXT whines when water runs

I haven't torn into it yet but besides the sound nothing else is wrong. As for the water, I'm in allegheny county and my water is extremely hard. I might get to tear it apart this weekend.
  7. lihp

I did a regeneration last night and the problem seems to have gone away. Atleast for the time being...
  8. lihp

Just checked out my manual and the flow straightener does exist on my model. I will do all you suggested tomorrow and hopefully it will be all better. Thanks.
  9. lihp

Yes the thin part between the bypass valve and valve body is present. The unit as a whole has been trouble free for the 2+ years it has been installed and still is besides this new noise. I would like to believe that this one is going to be one that makes noise but I can't see how something...
  10. lihp

The sound just started today. The unit was installed January 2009. Everything is lined up and level at the valve body. It makes the whine at periods of high water flow not slow. Just running the faucet is not enough to make it happen but flushing the toilet makes it happen.
  11. lihp

It sounds like it is coming from the area just in front of the bypass valve that has a wire coming out of it or somewhere in the base of the unit. I'm assuming this is the location of the meter. Doesn't really tell you much though cause it looks like all the inner workings that would be subject...
  12. lihp

Hello, I have a problem with my water softener. When the water runs in the house the control head emits a whining sound. So far other than the sound I have no other issues but I am afraid that this is only the first sign of a larger problem. The softener was installed back in January 2009...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks