Recent content by LifeIsGood524

1. LifeIsGood524

Adjusting Water Pressure on a pressure reducing valve. PRV

Seems the experts are split on replace vs repair. I completely understand the idea that it is more efficient for professionals to simply replace but for DIYers, is repair a good option? Anyone have recommendations on where to purchase the repair kit for a WATTS 25AUB? I'm seeing a lot of hits...
  2. LifeIsGood524

Good thoughts. I like the idea of not having to cut. Checking on WATTS site, is this what you would recommend? LF25AUB-DU-Z3 Double Union – NPT threaded union female inlet and outlet What are the chances that the new double union PRV and ball valve will fit into the existing locations...
  3. LifeIsGood524

Thanks Terry. Current PRV is a WATTS 25AUB 3/4". Do you recommend I go with the same make/model? A Google search returns a lot of hits for a WATTS 25AUB-Z3 (~$80). Looks like it comes with a number of available connections including CPVC...
  4. LifeIsGood524

Replacing PRV If I go with replacing the PRV (vs repair), is the Watts 25AUB recommended? I also plan to replace the shutoff valve. Would an experienced plumber cut the pipe at the red arrows and replace the full assembly (pre-assembled)? Only have ~1" to work with pipes coming our of wall...
  5. LifeIsGood524

Just a tad condescending. This is a DIY forum. Those of us trying to do it ourselves typically want to understand what is going on. "Just take our experienced advice".....if you hadn't seen Terry's post, he just recommended ordering a rebuild kit. LifeIsGood524
  6. LifeIsGood524

There is a tag with the model. I'll try the rebuild route. Are there any gotchas to the rebuild? I see 6 screws on the face of the PRV. Assuming I can get to the innards there. On a separate but related note, I just returned from my neighbor's house where we found his pressure to be a hair...
  7. LifeIsGood524

5-10 seconds to go from 60psi to 100 psi after shutting off faucet. Consensus seems to be a faulty PRV. It looks as though it can be taken apart. Has anyone had success in repairing a PRV? Are there recommendations on what to replace it with? Any gotchas in replacing? Attaching a picture...
  8. LifeIsGood524

Yes, we do have an expansion tank. When adjusting the PRV, I see an immediate impact in pressure when running cold or hot water though.
  9. LifeIsGood524

Thanks for the responses. Although I liked the thought that the outside spigots bypass the PRV, I don't think that is the case since the main shutoff (immediately below the PRV) also turns off the spigots. What I still cannot understand though is, if the PRV is bad and needs to be replaced...
  10. LifeIsGood524

Hello folks, first post to this forum. I found a related thread from '07 - https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?22151-What-is-Recommended-Water-Pressure . My house pressure as measured at an outside spigot is 100 psi. When I run the kitchen faucet, it dropped to 75 psi (100/75)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks