Recent content by Liam O'Dowd

1. Liam O'Dowd

Just replaced the pipe on my well. Now it won't prime.

I found it. It was a crack in the PVC connector. Thanks Craigpump. And Smooky no I didn't it is a shallow sandpoint well.
  2. Liam O'Dowd

Think I found the problem. One of the fittings on the pipe just before the one way valve there was a small crack. Enough that when I tried to poor water down the well pipe it leaked.
  3. Liam O'Dowd

Sorry for not including this in first post. This is a sand point shallow well. Water table is around 10' down.
  4. Liam O'Dowd

Shallow well won't prime after pipes are replaced.

Yesterday after dealing with priming the pump every time we wanted water for a month, we replaced the well pipe. The pipe that was in the ground was 17' of 1 1/4" galvanized. After pulling this out we found that it had rusted through in a couple places. We replaced the galvanized pipe with 1...
  5. Liam O'Dowd

After reading this forum for a month I decided the only thing to do was replace the pipe in my well. A month ago the pump would lose prime if the water wasn't running. If I turned of the faucets in the house of for more than an hour it would lose prime. So after 10 backbreaking hours with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks