Recent content by lfmgtc59

1. lfmgtc59

Shallow Well Lawn Irragation pump cycle problem

This does not sound good... With nine well points, is there any tricks of the trade that might help isolate which one is the problem? Thank You Lee
  2. lfmgtc59

I did find a small leak (very small) at the PVC to Iron threaded joint at the pump. The thread on the pump is not the best, but it is all I have, so I laid the heavy duty pink Teflon tape to the joint and have had no leaks since… However… (does this ever end??) Now it may run through the...
  3. lfmgtc59

Much appreciated valveman... it must be a very slow leak indeed... Fortunatly the way the system is set up once the problem occurs I can shut off the two main lines leading to the well points individually. That way I can tell right away if it is a leak above or below grade and if below...
  4. lfmgtc59

Good Morning valveman / LLigetfa OK... the system has been working more or less - had to fix another couple of cracked pipes on the sprinkler head side of the valves and my pressure switch has some issues (it does not want to kick on until somewhere between 5 & 15 depending on the day and...
  5. lfmgtc59

Lowes and Ace do not carry them, so I ordered it from drillspot.com. It will be about a week or so, so until then I'll cut the breaker and deal with it, as I cannot risk burning out the pump.. At what psi does the low pressure cut out activate? Thanks Again Lee
  6. lfmgtc59

Valveman: Would this do the job? 20/40 Psi Pressure Switch Brand: Square D Model: FSG2J20M4 SKU: 303904 20/40 PSI Standard Pressure Switch With Low Pressure Cutoff, 1/4" - 18 NPSF Internal Thread Opening, Low Pressure Setting At 20 PSI, For Electrically Driven Water Pumps. An...
  7. lfmgtc59

Thank you Valveman... that makes a lot of sense. Its a real bummer about the check valves though... I just installed new ones. I did notice when flushing the lines that I'm getting some crud... less now I've done it a few times. So it is quite possible something gets stuck in the seal...
  8. lfmgtc59

Its now been 21 hours and I have lost 4 psi... course the temperature at the start was 75 and now is 56... which could account for some pressure loss as the pipes, pump, and tank are exposed. Its supposed to climb to 80 today, so I will find out. What should I expect to happen here? Should...
  9. lfmgtc59

clarification: "leak down by the hour" may be misleading - these were the actual pressure readings by the hour... actual leak down was only 2 psi over a 10 hour period I have all the horizontal pipes and the first foot or so below the check valves on the well points fully exposed and I...
  10. lfmgtc59

Ok this morning the pressure was at 0 psi. Because I had switched the breaker off, I don't know if the pump would have kicked on at 20 psi and been able to re-pressurize the system or not. As there are no leaks in the pipes, joints etc. the only thing I can think of is leaks through the...
  11. lfmgtc59

Update - So Far So Good... Hey Guys Ok here is the outcome... I couldn't find a bladderless tank, so I went with the bladder tank. Because of size and mounting restrictions in my application I went with the 7 gallon tank as the next largest was 20 gallon and to large to fit. I...
  12. lfmgtc59

Hey LLigetfa / Valveman: You called it absolutly correct!! :-) Ok, I added the tank... I had a neighbor with what looks to be an old 2 or 3 gallon tank that I hooked up. It actually works pretty decently. The system seems to start at 20psi and shut off at 40psi correctly with just a...
  13. lfmgtc59

Based on my tests the peak pressure this pump generates is about 45-48 psi when it first kicks on. The highest pressure it seems able to maintain over any period of time is right around 40 +/- 2. A couple of questions: I am familiar with the operation of a bladder tank as I had a house...
  14. lfmgtc59

valveman... I appreciate the advice and the explaination - Like I said I inherited the system which was not working at the time... so I'm not sure if the pump came with a pressure switch or not. The hand scrawled instructions I found in the valve control box had the first and last step of...
  15. lfmgtc59

additional info Additionally... If I fill the feed lines using the house water I can build up 40psi in the entire system. If I then close the manual valve to the main outlet line that feeds the sprinkler valves, and bleed of pressure and water via another valve on the outlet side, as the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks