Recent content by Lee_Leses

1. Lee_Leses

Toilet flange still needs repair or replacement

Thank you for all the input. It's appreciated!
  2. Lee_Leses

Toilet flange still needs repair or replacement

I've been watching this flange for quite some time, it mostly has not been leaking. I know 95% the problem is a bad cement joint between the PVC flange and the PVC 90 that it's connected to. I'm very dubious of any of the easy to use rubber kits / boots that promise to seal the leak. It now...
  3. Lee_Leses

Toto Drake II Plunger/Tower sticking

See? The chain is not too loose. Is the white thing there supposed to go further up the chain to prevent jamming after a flush?
  4. Lee_Leses

Toto Drake II Plunger/Tower sticking

My Ultramax II does the same thing. It's VERY frustrating and it wastes a lot of water too! I know in my case the chain is not very loose, but the chain is getting caught in the moving part of the valve sometimes. Yes, I know I can try shortening the chain, but I'm not ready to go there yet...
  5. Lee_Leses

Toilet drain is leaking someplace. :(((

Maybe this could seal a small leak in the joint between the elbow and the flange?
  6. Lee_Leses

See how these two flanges are different? One is flared and one isn't. Maybe that's not a 4" - 3" on my flange, maybe it's all one piece except for the joint at the 90. I need someone who knows what they're doing! :)
  7. Lee_Leses

I agree. The only problem is this has to be done quick because sadly this the only toilet in the house <ugh!!!>. Reach, I swear there's a reducing fitting and that's where it's leaking. See the pic, I think it's a 3" 90 and an extra fitting to reduce the flange from 4" to 3". While possible...
  8. Lee_Leses

Thanks Reach! I still think it's not the wax ring. Does not seem blocked things are flushing great.
  9. Lee_Leses

Thank's Jeff! I don't believe the flange is moving, it's grouted in place but not sure. From the picture I too do not think it has enough support. But you do think it's reasonable to not be thinking everything has to be replaced? Maybe just the 90 and better secure it?
  10. Lee_Leses

Hi / Good Morning! When you say "the whole thing" do you mean replace the whole drain system, or just the toilet flange and 90 degree elbow? :) Also, do I keep making the hole larger, or try to keep the hole smaller? lol What does this need to cost? I'm on a budget! :)
  11. Lee_Leses

And how likely is it there will be a mold issue? I now suspect this was dripping for years! I could never figure out what it was until it got worse. I never saw any water or glop in the basement or the garage on either side of the archway.
  12. Lee_Leses

Does this make sense? Can this drain run be salvaged? It's 20 years old. I tried to take some random shots of different fittings to show the overall condition of the main drain stack. See the green arrow fitting, and the red arrow toilet flange or elbow is the main issue right now. Can this...
  13. Lee_Leses

Totally agree -- was already thinking this Reach!
  14. Lee_Leses

I totally agree. I can see a limited view of this 2nd floor drain from the garage! I work 10pm-6am and I'm going to try seeing what I can see up there and some of the other cement joints. Very close to opening the 1st floor ceiling, as you said it's already damaged. I live alone and working...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks