Recent content by Lee Tanner

1. L

high pressure

hello, I was looking for infromation on a 5 ton goodman split system heat pump. Just installed new air handler and outside unit with heat strips. started up unit and the air great head presure 160 and suction presure 65 good cold air, then switch to heat and run for a few min. the pressure...
  2. L

ceiling fan blades for outdoors

I was looking for some ceiling fan blades for 42 inch. outdoor fan, I've looked at home depot and lowes but only found indoor blades and was unable to find any online if anyone knows of a web site with these blades it would be a big help. thanks
  3. L

Tying into galvanized plumbing with PVC

I assumed that anyone would know to use cpvc for hot water. The male adaptor if not over tighten would not break, that has been my experence. As far as pvc being illegal that not the case here almost every home I've seen has had Pvc (and cpvc) even some new house are getting pvc so don't see how...
  4. L

Is copper ok for the manifold?

When properly installed Pvc is good, been using it for 13 years and when cleaned and glued with good glue its there.
  5. L

Tying into galvanized plumbing with PVC

If you want to add pvc to the old pipe heres how, use a galvanized couplin and get a male pvc fitting, clean the threades on pvc with cleaner then put some pvc glue on the threades hand tighten the run pvc, everyone here may not agree but I've done it, it will work but this is after you take the...
  6. L

need help with installation of undermount kitchen sink

My brother is a title setter and I have help him some, we have not done this while I was helping, but it seems to me it would be easier to cut the counter top.
  7. L

Re-routing a drain vent line

I just moved a vent from a wall and took the wall out it was for the washer hook up, Is the vent going to hook up at the same place in the drain line if so that would be ok, if not make its on the same side of the trap and you should be ok, on the main 3" vent you wanted to 90 should be fine, If...
  8. L

well

thanks for the info. I understand the cvs and small tank now. I guess with the pump starting less would us less evergy just running? From what I read the csv and small tank is the best system with less starts, also your saying the presure would be the same both way with pump giving the 10 gpm...
  9. L

well

another thing is my fater is having the same problem with his well so he has decided to build a well but he has the space where his water enter through the ultily room to put a tank which is about 80' from the well, if the tank is relocated to here would the presure switch also? his well has a...
  10. L

well

The setup I saw had a 5 gallon tank was that the one? If so would the pump come on every time the water would come on, I don't understand how a 5 gallon tank can support my house it seems to me the pump would run more, is there something I'am missing?
  11. L

Buzz Noise from Breaker

Are you getting good flow out of your duct? Check outside to make sure your getting strong air flow. It may not be the problem but it won't hurt to check these are easly stoped up.
  12. L

Kitchen Remodel Circuit ?'s

Depending on what your codes are for your area, if there is not going to be an inspection done heres the way we do it, if you can reach water and a recpiticial at the same time use GFI (I'an in mississippi) always have refigiator on its own circuit most dishwashers don't have to have a its own...
  13. L

well

The pipe enters my house in the wall at the water heater, the house is on a slab, the water heater is in the laundry closet. If I use a csv how big would the tank have to be and could the pressure switch still be outside at the same location? How does the csv and a small tank work?
  14. L

well

Thanks for the advice. SO I guess I will be getting a well house. Another question, I called the driller back after instlation and he pulled the hose up about a foot and drilled a small hole in the line comming from the pump and then my pipe strected and the pump was sucking mud. the question is...
  15. L

well

I was looking for some answers about my well, I have a sumb pump 1 hp and a presure tank, the tank is buried its a 30 gallon tank, every couple of months I have to take an air compersor blow out water from the tank and then put air in the system, works good for a couple of months and then the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks