Recent content by Leaky1

1. Leaky1

Closet Flange Extension Kit Question

It sounds like you are recommending I drop down to a 3" twist on flange and stack spacers under it. Currently I have a 4" pipe and 4" flange.
  2. Leaky1

I talked with the owner of Bruco and he recommended I use the 1/4" spacers with the self-sealing lips. He confirmed it is acceptable to stack 4 of their 1/4" flange spacers. He cautioned me about using the 1/2" flange spacers since they do not incorporate the self-sealing feature.
  3. Leaky1

Terry, Thank you. It sounds like the existing flange is serviceable. I was considering opening the ceiling below and replacing everything. I visited several plumbing supply stores and hardware stores and could not find what you recommended. Looks like I will go with the BruCo flange spacers...
  4. Leaky1

I pulled all the spacers and I found this plastic flange that appears to be glued on and secured with 8 hex head screws to the subfloor. It is black on top and the short lip that extends down in to the 4 inch pipe is an off white color. I tried scraping the top and it appears to be black plastic.
  5. Leaky1

We found that mineral spirits will remove the wax completely.
  6. Leaky1

Nice write up. Thank you.
  7. Leaky1

Thank you everyone for responding. The pipe is 4 inches in dia. The closet flange extensions are self sealing. There is a lip on the bottom of each flange. If these were just flat spacers I would be concerned too. I am thinking of attaching four of them to a scrap piece of plywood with screws...
  8. Leaky1

I decided to give a pull and the remaining two flange spacers came out. Looks like it takes three to get flush with the floor and four to be approximately one quarter inch proud.
  9. Leaky1

Over a decade ago I installed a BruCo Closet flange extension kit to raise the flange due to a tile installation. The bathroom has been used very little and we are putting it back in regular service with a new Toto Drake II toilet. The original kit was installed with the first flange sealed to...
  10. Leaky1

Insinkerator Evolution Disposal Tail Pipe Too Short

The Danco 88441 tailpiece will not fit on the Insinkerator Evolution disposal. I picked up a ProFlo PFETP701 at Fergusons and it looks like it will solve my problem. It is long enough I can make two extensions in case I screw up the first one...
  11. Leaky1

Insinkerator Evolution Disposal Tail Pipe Too Short

Does anyone know if the Danco 88441 tailpiece will fit the Insinkerator Evolution disposal? The tailpiece that comes from Insinkerator is only 4” long. I need one at least 8” long. http://shop.jencowholesale.com/danco-88441-waste-bend-wgasket-for-in-sink-erator-disposals
  12. Leaky1

Toto CST454CEFG Drake II not Compatible with Danco Perfect Seal

I tried the installation procedure and it appears the seal is pushing up against the bottom of the toilet. I used two wooden block spaces that are 9/16” high and a 2x4 to prove that was the case. Below are photographs of the flange before and after the perfect seal was installed...
  13. Leaky1

Toto CST454CEFG Drake II not Compatible with Danco Perfect Seal

Anyone else have a problem seating a Toto CST454CEFG Drake II on a Danco Perfect Seal? Our installation is on new tile that is perfectly flat and I used a new Sioux Chief 884-ATMPK 4" X 3" Total Knockout Closet Flange that has an installed height of less than a 1/2”. Danco claims their Perfect...
  14. Leaky1

Assembling Ductwork For Range Hood

In case anyone is interested. I offset the seams by three inches and inserted one of the three screws securing each section between the offset seams. I used Polyken 339 to seal the sections and seams. I used CCWI-181 on the 90 degree elbow seams...
  15. Leaky1

Assembling Ductwork For Range Hood

I am running 7 inch round 26 gauge metal duct for our kitchen and assembling five 3 foot sections for a long run. When I align all the seams I find one seam on top of another forces the walls of the mating ducts apart significantly. Would it be better rotate the mating ducts so the seams are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks