Recent content by LCF

1. LCF

1/2 " Brass Nipple - Slip or Sharkbite?

I'm crying right now lol. Thanks for sharing. I will remember this for next time.
  2. LCF

It was very very close to fitting inside the nipple. There was probably years of build up that shrunk the wall ID a bit and I decided to just move on. As usual I couldn't have done any of it without the help from this forum. Thanks very much everyone.
  3. LCF

There was no hesitancy to follow advice. I was getting ideas from the advice on different ways to approach it. At first I tried to cut the brass nipple to slide a piece of 1/2" copper pipe inside to sweat a new male adapter onto it, but for some reason the 1/2" pipe wouldn't fit the inner...
  4. LCF

I got it all done today. Total pain in the ass and I had to open up a small section of the above wall with diamond lathe, plywood and more wood underneath, but I got it done. The new valve works great and everything is working again. Thanks for all the help!
  5. LCF

Kohler 3 Handle Shower Valve - Hot on right hand side?

I swapped the cartridges. For some reason I recall plumbers telling me the cartridges are different for hot and cold and I didn't want to have to redo the work. Thanks for the info.
  6. LCF

Kohler 3 Handle Shower Valve - Hot on right hand side?

I'm replacing a broken valve in my shower with an exact replacement. The part is Kohler 303-K-NA. For some strange reason this comes with the cold on the left and hot on the right and that's incorrect. Can I just swap the existing stems? photo below.
  7. LCF

I have no Home Depot's that rent in my state. I can just buy a threader on Amazon if I decide to go that route. Not sure yet
  8. LCF

I would consider doing that. I don't have much space to cut though. What tool do you mean by hand threader? I've only ever seen the ones with the lever on it and they're rather large. I don't know if I could fit it in where it needs to go.
  9. LCF

Hmm. I wonder if something like this would work for me? I could cut the brass pipe and slide one of these over it. And then I can use a piece of copper with male 1/2 adapter for the new shower valve and solve the problem? Do you think this piece would work in my application?
  10. LCF

I absolutely will sweat something on to the brass if I have to. I'd rather a copper to brass adapter that fits on the outside of the brass if possible but I can also try putting a piece of copper pipe inside to see if it will do the trick.
  11. LCF

Thank you! These are considerations I had but won't work unfortunately. I can't install a new length of copper into the shower elbow because the pipe would be too long for me to get the leverage I need to get it into the wall cavity due to the floor. If it were just drywall I would go for it...
  12. LCF

I called Sharkbite and they said that the PVC to CTS would not work on brass. Technically, they said it's not been "tested" on brass and wasn't designed for that, but I am not sure I want to take the risk.
  13. LCF

Interesting! I wonder if it would be reliable over brass pipe. I can't find anything online about it but will keep looking as this might be a viable option. Thanks John If anyone else has any ideas I would appreciate it.
  14. LCF

I will be cutting the threads off of the brass when I remove the existing tub valve. I can't rethread the brass because there is no clearance inside the wall cavity for me to do it.
  15. LCF

I've got an annoying issue I need to fix without tearing a newly finished wall open. I am replacing my tub water valve and installing an exact replacement. The problem is that the existing valve is connected to a threaded 4 foot long 1/2" brass nipple all the way up to the shower head. I am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks