Recent content by Lbjgh

1. Lbjgh

Recent water hammer in shower

We have lower pressure here... likely 50-60psi
  2. Lbjgh

Recent water hammer in shower

In the last two years water hammer has gotten really bad in my main bathroom tub/shower. This occurs when the diverter at the tub is activated to turn on the shower. There is a loud BANG everytime. I assume the straps on the copper pipes have worked themselves loose. The house is almost 30...
  3. Lbjgh

Mixet shower valve - and recent water hammer

I recently replaced an old mixet shower valve on my shower/tub. Before installing the new valve I used a circular brass brush to clean the valve body then I lubricate the new valve orings with vasoline. The operation seems smooth... all good I thought. But... when the toe tester valve is...
  4. Lbjgh

Kohler Greek Tub - leaking cable drain (at cable)

Well I gave up on the cable drain as I didn't trust it even though it didn't leak with the silicone on the elbow. Resorted to good old fashioned brass and pop up drain.
  5. Lbjgh

OK, one last attempt at using this Kohler drain system. I Couldn't find a thicker o-ring so I thought I'd try to fix the weak point for leaks i.e. the cable connection within the elbow valve. I used silicone on the mating surface and where the cable goes into the valve. I also sanded the...
  6. Lbjgh

Thanks. My son is just about to graduate as an Architect and we had him draw up my wife's ideas. I paid the boy a $1 so now he can include this little project in his portfolio (paid project). I refer to the room as the "ice box" because of the colours my wife picked. :)
  7. Lbjgh

Ya, weird. This greek tub is quite deep and I don't know if the head pressure on the o-ring causes the problem. I'm just glad this issue wasn't hidden on the second floor only to appear as other damage a couple of years out.
  8. Lbjgh

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind. We used oil rubbed bronze fixtures.
  9. Lbjgh

@ Thanks, that might be an option. I'm frustrated with the whole bloody thing. I might just fill the whole waste elbow mechanism with silicone and buy a $3.00 rubber plug and be done with the mechanical nonsense. Drives me bonkers after spending this much money on a bathroom reno and having to...
  10. Lbjgh

Thanks @breplum That drain system looks very nice. I'll have to do some research.
  11. Lbjgh

With the exception of a piece of glass between our curbless shower and our toilet our bathroom reno is complete (pic below). I expect the glass to be installed next week. The huge problem is the bloody Kohler Clearflo cable bath drain that leaks at the valve. As I posted above I thought I had...
  12. Lbjgh

This morning's update. I removed the drain and overflow as one piece so I could access the small panel. The mechanism is pretty simple with a cable driven cam that activates a brass finger which raises and lowers the drain. It didn't look like the cam was centred in the plastic housing. When...
  13. Lbjgh

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured there must be some sort of gasket because the stainless steel connection on the plastic doesn't have any visible gasket and there is no way that a pressed fitted connection could be water tight. I'll try removing the cover today to see if there are any...
  14. Lbjgh

...First post... Hey guys I'm in the middle of a ensuite renovation and found a leak in the cable drain at the elbow (ell) at the cable mechanism. This only happened after I filled the tub and operated the cable drain with full head pressure. I believe this is a faulty part as opposed to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks