Recent content by Lawyr

1. Lawyr

Help - Rainsoft Water Softener

It is hard to get ones mind around the idea that so many try very hard to make things harder than they are. GEEZ, EASY MAN... The brine line is a supply line to the brine tank for fresh water and it is a supply line to the media for the brine when the system is in reg mode. WELL, NOBODY...
  2. Lawyr

The drain line often has a washer like item behind where the tube hooks on that controls the amount of water that is to flow, ie 2.0 gpm or 3.0gpm .. etc.. YES, THAT IS THERE, STILL, DON'T KNOW WHAT TURNS THAT "LINE" ON AND OFF. The float assembly in the brine tank most of the time is the back...
  3. Lawyr

ok...not sure if image will come out..this is my unit. "a" goes to brine tank "b" goes to discharge (waste as you have told me) "c" is the output of unit to pipes for house when connected. **the canister never fills but, only has about 1/4-3/8 inch of liquid in it...IF THE LARGER LINE GOES TO...
  4. Lawyr

Please note the two lines just behind the control head, there is the smaller that goes to the clear bottle, I SEE 1 (ONE) SMALL LINE THAT GOES FROM CONTROL HEAD (IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY) WHICH GOES TO THE APPROX TOP OF THE CLEAR CANISTER WITH WHAT APPEARS TO BE A CHECK BALL INSIDE...THEN, OFF...
  5. Lawyr

************* thanks for the reply however, i already have this as well as 5-8 more i downloaded some time ago....
  6. Lawyr

Drain from the softener is just that drain and it DOES NOT GO INTO THE BRINE TANK, it goes down the drain like the Washer goes down the drain. OHHH, I SEE....IF YOU SAY THAT COMES FROM THE FLOAT ASSEMBLY, THEN, THE BACKWASH USES THE SAME LINE AS COMES FROM THE SIDE/BOTTOM AREA OF TE CONTROL...
  7. Lawyr

THANKS FOR THE REPLY Ok. Here is water softening 101. There are 4 basic cycles to a valve. Backwash...used to lift the resin bed and prep it for the brining cycle. Brining cycle...This is when brine is drawn into the unit to regen the resin. This can be split into 2 cycles (brine drawn and brine...
  8. Lawyr

There are two ways of timing the water going into the brine tank, the control valve opens a valve for a time frame to let water into the brine tank or the float assembly is set so that x amount of water goes in to make a brine of x. THANK YOU...I DON'T SEE ANY "ELECTRICALLY OPERATED VALVES OF...
  9. Lawyr

Sounds like the float assembly in the brine tank might not be closing when it should, it should reach a level and stop the water coming in like the tank on the toilet. .THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!....I OPENED THE BRINE TANK AND ALL I SEE IS A LONG PLASTIC TUBE THAT APPEARS TO BE PART OF THE...
  10. Lawyr

Most of those that have years under the belt have a business to run and are on service calls... I FULLY REALIZE THAT. I AM BOTH IN THE AC TRADE AND AN ELECTRICIAN SO I CAN RELATE. The system that you have is no longer sold by Rainsoft... I DIDN'T KNOW THAT they have changed to a different...
  11. Lawyr

******************* ...thanks for the reply, however, this must be a dead section of the forum as nobody responds to the question....are there any other forums that are "ACTIVE" and to which people respond to the questions?......either that or just plainly nobody knows how to answer my...
  12. Lawyr

Greetings all. EDITED...SOMEHOW POSTED TWICE...SORRY!
  13. Lawyr

Greetings all.....very new here, .....i decided to connect a used rainsoft softener unit as being discussed here in make and model that has been sitting in my garage for quite some time.... what have done is make some temporary connections inputting a garden hose to the input port on the valve...
  14. Lawyr

Greetings all.....very new here, .....i decided to connect a used rainsoft softener unit as being discussed here in make and model that has been sitting in my garage for quite some time.... what have done is make some temporary connections inputting a garden hose to the input port on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks