Recent content by latreche34

1. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

I installed a jet pump temporarily and I was able to pump close to 7 gpm, I think I stay with this pump until it fails. It took a while for the water to clear.
  2. latreche34

Scale Blaster, water softener

The only way I see it it might work is that if you would coil the entire piping with that green wire, And that only protects the pipes from scale buildup, They still need to figure out how to eliminate water hardness. Check out this one too:
  3. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

Relax dude I didn't do anything wrong to harm the pumps, I was just trying to figure out why they are not pumping to the rated GPM, The second pump failed after few hours of use, I see a lot of complaints about pumps premature failure and you already expressed your dislike to this brand. I'm a...
  4. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

I didn't think that when I tested those pumps in the plastic barrel they worked ok, I was assuming that they have to pump water in the air for at least 15 to 20 feet given the fact they are rated 100+ feet, The pumps where never in the bottom of the well they were 2 feet plus motor length which...
  5. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

The pump used to pump out about 1 GPM, it quit working inside the well, So I couldn't judge the results with a defective pump, Yes the motor runs it gets warm but no water comes out, I did detach the pipe and still no water coming out from the garbage can, The next pump I will make sure to do...
  6. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

So what do you guys recommend next as a pump, And what is needed to be done since the pipe is out of the well now? Is there any tests that I can do to figure out what is the problem?
  7. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

I have an outlet for dryer it has two 115V phases and one common so when connecting the two 115V to a voltmeter I get 230V, I pop it open and connected a 10 gauge cable to it temporarily, Now back to my test That I suppose to do, Well before I even pull the pump along with the pipe it quite...
  8. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

What do you guys think of this pump: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-HP-4-Submersible-Water-Pump-for-Cistern-Shallow-Well-Lake-115V-2-Wire-/281145314829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4175910e0d
  9. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

I got 10 days only to return the pump so here is what I'm going to do, Pull the pump up and keep it threaded to the pvc pipe, Get my garbage can and fill it up with water, merge the pump in it and fire it up, If I get better flow that means something wrong with my well, If I get the same flow...
  10. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

I did mention that already, I'm using new sch 80 PVC pipe brand new and threaded it myself, no restrictions.
  11. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

Here is the two e-mails I got from Pentair guys: Flotec: "That should work get the smaller a ½ hp that would give you up to 13.6 gpm and you need to set it up with a 50 gallon tank so you pump doesn’t cycle too often. You need a tank to allow the pump to run for a least a full minute." Sta-Rite...
  12. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

You're right this pump is overkill, But I thou the problem was the pump is not powerful enough, That's why I upgraded to 1 HP, But I get the exact same result as the first one if hooked up to 110V, My next test will be add city water hose to the well and route all the water coming out the pump...
  13. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

Thank you guys for the help, First off, when the pump kicks in there is no burst in pressure it is the same exact flow shown in the above picture I did let it run for at least 3 hrs with the exact same flow, no gurgling nothing Good idea however I will try this, I will inject a hose from city...
  14. latreche34

Submersible Pump Problem

The model numbers are in the post 11 links, just click on the brand, This well use to have a 1 HP jet pump that was non operational when I bought the house and the foot valve was rusty and clogged so I removed all the piping and get rid of the broken jet pump and all the piping, The water level...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks