Recent content by lars

1. lars

Toto Drake elongated or round?

I have all elongated toilets. As a guy, larger target. I am in to good function which is why I like toto's. Sounds like a tight space. Good luck.
  2. lars

DIY philosophy

This is a great site. It is up to me to judge the advice given. I am a diyer. I do projects because I like to and I know that it will be done the way I want it to be done. I bounce things on this site to confirm what I am thinking, to understand a problem or find a solution that I did not...
  3. lars

Dual flush toilet

check out my thread for the aquia. I just installed it . First time drilling through tile; what a pain . the toilet works well and looks great. Easy to get. If your plumber balks at the installation , I would look for one that is familiar with it. If you so it yourself, study the...
  4. lars

Toilets, toilets everywhere and don't know what to pick

I have an aquia, drake and 2 caryles. All are great. Only had to plunge the caryle after my daughter put a whole roll of paper in it. All are cheaper than kohler in general. Terry has a good section on toilet performance
  5. lars

wrong drain height

fixed I cut out the drywall and for 3.28 in parts I raised the drain to the right height. I checked it 4 times before I glued the pvc. The vent was no problem. I went back and looked at the specs. There was no height for the shelf . I would have had to put it together to get the height...
  6. lars

Reference thread: when not to DIY.

re frenchie You are 100% correct. I live a rural area and I have seen people burned and I have been burned. I am always on the lookout for someone you is into small projects but have not found one. I have hired plumbers etc plenty when I am not comfortable with something. I am not a pro...
  7. lars

re hj I am impressed with you diligence but not all pros are the same. I find small projects are not taken on, get up charged to discourage hiring or wait many months. I asked 2 builders who I trust( very important) to remodel my bathroom. No takers. Basically , I read , watch others and...
  8. lars

Replacement Toilet

I have a drake, 2 caryles, and an aquia. They all work well. The drake is a traditional installation and the other 2 use a unifit which requires drilling at 6 holes. It comes down to cost , style, and whether you or a pro will put them in. Check out the sanigloss if you can get it on the model.
  9. lars

wrong drain height

thanks for your thoughts on my problem. I will look at it tomorrow. I did think of cutting the legs but I think just moving the drain will be easier. I will reply when it is fixed.
  10. lars

wrong drain height

thanks, I cannot lower the p trap. If I do , I have to cut into the shelf and drawer. The sink is a top on 4 posts with a drawer at the bottom. The outlet in the wall sits right above the shelf. Hence , I would have known this if I looked at the specs closer.
  11. lars

wrong drain height

okay. the only way to install the p trap correctly here is to cut open the wall and raise the drain pipe. The consensus here and what I have read about p traps is that they have to be installed as designed or they will not function. S traps from what I understand are only a very last resort...
  12. lars

Good points. My wife would agree with you. It is not always easy to get a pro to take on the small projects. Experience and expertise do cut down on frustration. I do appreciate the input on this site to know when to quit.
  13. lars

wrong drain height

thanks for the reply genie. The pipe in the wall that the horizontal pipe would go into is too low. The bottom of the bottle p trap will end above it. I could use elbows to raise up to the horizontal drain pipe coming out of the trap( above the bottle). It would seem that water would stay...
  14. lars

Installing an angle stop valve

I am a novice but just redid a bathroom. 1. Use a pipe cutter it is easy to use. Buy a round wire brush cleaner, it works well to polish the copper. 2. I would solder on the valve if you can. I soldered on a mixer( to stop sweating) and then screwed on my valve. It was 3/8 and then used a...
  15. lars

wrong drain height

re drain height Thanks for the replies. I see all of your points. The drain is too low. I will have to cut the wall and raise it. I cannot cut into the shelf because there is a drawer there. I did not want to but that is what I get for not looking closely at the specs. I had the whole...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks