Recent content by Larryn Pearl

1. Larryn Pearl

Fleck 5600stx meter stuck on 1275

Sorry I'm actually in Las Vegas, not sure how I got a location of AZ. I looked at this over the weekend and it appears pretty straight forward - 1) Put lever into Bypass mode 2) unscrew screws on side 3) Remove from tank and look into turbines to see if anything is jammed in them? Am I...
  2. Larryn Pearl

Sorry I'm not very mechanical, how do I do that?
  3. Larryn Pearl

Borrowed a magnet, waived it over the sensor and the Flow indicator icon came on and after a minute of passing the magnet over the sensor the counter went from 1050 to 1049. Is this something I can fix on my own or do I need to have a service call? Thanks again for all the help.
  4. Larryn Pearl

Update, wrote down all my settings. Unplugged, waited 60 seconds, plugged back in and set clock, checked settings (still there). Meter has changed to 1050 and hasn't budged. I think I have the turbine as it looks like there's a wire to pull up. So I pull that wire out and run a magnet over it...
  5. Larryn Pearl

@Reach4 - Thanks, so unplug, hold down Extra Cycle button and plug back in. I'll scroll through and write down all my settings prior to doing this. I'll do this and report back. Is removing the sensor cable difficult? I'm not mechanical at all, I'm technical, just not mechanical if that makes...
  6. Larryn Pearl

Thank you for your reply. So to reset it looks like I unplug the unit? I assume I wait 60 seconds then plug back in. If I do this do I lose all my settings? If so I suppose I should scroll through it and write each one down as we really had her dialed in. Also, should I do a manual regen after I...
  7. Larryn Pearl

I was having some electrical work done the other day and walked by my softener and saw it blinking between time and 1275. Was busy so I didn't take the time to fix it, then several days later I looked at it again and same thing. I pushed the button on the left and it stopped blinking. A couple...
  8. Larryn Pearl

Fleck 5600 SXT at 70 - 100 ppm CH prior to regeneration

Thanks, got settings updated, however, I couldn't see where I verify the meter is set to .7. Where do I find that? I suppose I do have one more question, how much salt should I keep in the brine tank? I use the morton "cubes" from costco. Right now I can see a little water, maybe 20%, rest is...
  9. Larryn Pearl

I made all the recommended changes and re-generated. It appears it greatly reduced the gallons between re-generation down to 1340 - 1350. I'll order the test kit. Here are the specs for the unit I installed. The The .5 BLFC is incorrect for that unit is what came with the unit from the...
  10. Larryn Pearl

I left my H setting at 16, do I need to change it?
  11. Larryn Pearl

Got it. I'll add 1.5 gallons of water. Should I use tap water or water from my RO? After I made the changes the little faucet is now blinking. Auto regeneration is not due for another 1800 gallons. I think it only blinks when its due to regenerate, right? What should I do about this? Thanks...
  12. Larryn Pearl

The following is from my water district, "The hardness of Las Vegas Valley Water District water is 302 parts per million (ppm) or 18 grains per gallon, categorized as "very hard."" I couldn't find info for iron and manganese. Yes the pool kit tested for Calcium Hardness. So I need to check my...
  13. Larryn Pearl

I've noticed that just before regeneration our water doesn't feel soft at all. Thought I'd test it right before it was due to regenerate (10 gallons left on countdown) and it tested between 70-100 ppm CH. I used the professional test kit I have for my pool. I tested the next morning and I'm at...
  14. Larryn Pearl

Issues with new kitchen faucet low pressure, great pressure prior

@dj2, is that difficult to do? I'm not very handy, should I call a plumber?
  15. Larryn Pearl

Issues with new kitchen faucet low pressure, great pressure prior

Yea we did, no resin in it. I ran a gallon of water through it without the aerator and it took 1:10 for a gallon of water. Could there be a filter or screen somewhere upstream from the aerator that could be blocked?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks