Recent content by Larry393

1. Larry393

Help with HVAC Contractor

Update. I reached out to Simplified HVAC to have an accurate Manual J calc. done. I supplied the same information supplied to the contractor. As most of you suspected, Dans calculation resulted in the need for a 2T system, half of the 4T installed. The contractor supplied me the initial...
  2. Larry393

Thank you all for the great advice. Ive contacted Simplified HVAC to do an accurate Manual J. I have also reached out to the contractor requesting a balanced duct design based on the 1230 CFM of the existing AHU. Waiting on their response as well. I will keep you informed as this unfolds...
  3. Larry393

Where would I go to get a proper load calculation done? At this point I'm not confident that the installer either has the capability or will provide an accurate calculation.
  4. Larry393

This is a 2000 sf renovated house from the 50's with a newer addition attached. All walls spray foamed and roof rafters spray foamed. the house is tight. all new andersen widows and thermatru doors. The system is all new and looks like they did a good job sealing up all joints, connections...
  5. Larry393

This is a brand new system on a renovated house that did not have any air prior. Ultimately, I need to know what to ask of the installer at this point. They are responsive and willing to provide a fix. The problem is I think they are knee jerking the fixes rather than doing the math. It...
  6. Larry393

Help! Should I be hearing air flow at my supply ducts? I purchased the most expensive system to help control air noise. It is my understanding that you should not hear the air flow with low pressure systems. I’m getting the feeling that the system ducting was not designed, just thrown...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks