Recent content by Larry Blsair

1. Larry Blsair

Taco 007 f5 problems

I have a 40 gal electric heater tank that I am using for heat storage. I took out the heat electrodes and the bottom hose bib. I have an expansion tank at the high point of the system and have bleed all the air from the piping and let all the air out of the 40 storage tank via the hot temp pop...
  2. Larry Blsair

Taco 007 f5 problems

Couldn't figure out where to put this thread so since I have a tankless heat system decided here. I have a TACO 007 feeding a tankless heater and then the water goes back to a 40 gal tank. It ran great last season but when I turned it on this year the pump seems to have quit. Took the pump...
  3. Larry Blsair

Startup of PEX radiant heat with a Rheem eco tankless heater

I have this pump on low speed and have closed the ball valve going into the water heater to limit the gpm to about 4 gpm. Would this cause a "dead head" situation on the pump and cause it to heat up to where it won't turn? I really don't know what dead head means so am guessing. The system...
  4. Larry Blsair

I have the system set up pretty much like Dana described with a 40 gal mixer tank. Its been running for about 6 weeks and really nice heat. Got the first gas bill and the weather was fairly cold, about 10 days of 10-20 degree weather, and the bill was $75.00. $2.50 a day for gas is ok! I am...
  5. Larry Blsair

ucg/udg Programable thermostat

Just looked at the HD order and it is a Thermosoft brand. All the paperwork in the box said OJ Electronics. I'll try again :)
  6. Larry Blsair

ucg/udg Programable thermostat

Has anyone every heard of these or used one. I bought on about 2 months ago from HD when I set up my hot water floor heat. i use it to turn on a TACO F9 pump that circulates the hot water through the floor. It has a second sensor that I put in the floor with a maximum temp of 85 degrees so...
  7. Larry Blsair

I have plumbed the system like your recomendation. I bought a low flow pump to circulate through the heater. I think I need an aqua stat to turn that pump off when the floor recirculating system shuts off. The aqua stat would shut the heater circulation system off at 140 degrees or what ever I...
  8. Larry Blsair

I think I am in like BOB! fired the system up today and everything works. My wife is dancing around on the floors excited about how warm they feel. The water heater is set at 100 degrees which is probably too low. The water coming back out of the PEX at this point is about 75 degrees. I have...
  9. Larry Blsair

Sorry for such a delay in reply. We are a commercial vineyard/winery and the last 3 weeks have been busy. Some more information. The entire house is insulated to R49 and is very tight. I did not want any drafts and so built it that way. We have double pane low E vinyl frame windows. The...
  10. Larry Blsair

You are right no math was done on this. This is a closed loop system. I had the TACO 009 to pump through 4 4ft x 8 ft solar collectors so that is the ancestry of the pump. The radiant heat system is 10 loops interlaced throughout the house and the garage. I think there is about 2000 ft of...
  11. Larry Blsair

I am starting this new system up. I have a 188k natural gas eco tankless heater and have a few questions. We live in the wilds of Wyoming. About 3 years ago they plowed a NG line in that is 250 ft from our house. The closest city to us is about 100 miles away. My wife and I built the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks